Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Looking for a lab pup

Bowhunt

I am looking at getting another lab pup next summer, and would like to know if anyone has suggestions on upcoming litters. If possible I would like to see the parents work this fall. I am really excited to get another dog, my current lab is turning 9 this fall and would like to have another one ready when she retires. Thanks for the help and I am looking forward to hearing from everyone!

I saw an ad posted at Paul's Discount in Iowa City. The operator of Safari Iowa has a litter and you get a free year membership to their hunt club when you buy a pup. I don't recall what the price of the pups were.
Standard disclaimer: I am not affilitated with Safari Iowa in any way.

Do you use the lab for waterfowl or for pheasant hunting. If you use it for waterfowl I have a buddy that had chesapeake bay retreiver pups and they are great waterfowl dogs. He has both parents and the pups are about 4 weeks old. If you are interested let me know.

I am looking at getting a pup next summer so the 4 week old pups would not work right now since I am still in college. I will use the dog for both upland and waterfowl hunting.

Matt, a lab is a wonderful choice...I will keep my ears open for next summer but remind me when you are really getting serious and I will up the efforts. I have a couple good breeders in the area

I know a gent who just bred his bitch and will have some of the most desirable pointing labs in the country. Gestation plus seven weeks may still be too early for you. Let me know if you want more info.

I am in the same boat as Bowhunt. My lab is turning 8 this fall and I also am looking early to find a lead on a lab pup. More specifically, I will be looking for a choc. female with a medium frame (about 70-80 lbs). I have Shredder looking in Ill. and would appreciate any help on some info on a reputable breeder.

I am really excited to get another dog, my first dog has been great and is a great learning tool. I got her when I was 15 and she has taught me more than I have taught her. I am going to have an area to keep birds to work with the dog on. Would you guys buy chicks, eggs, or full grown birds? I want to have the dog around birds everyday and I plan on going through alot of them before season would open. So what would be economical and effective as a training tool as far as bird go? I am looking for a dog with a hunting or field trial bloodline, basically a working bloodline not just someone's "pet"

Top Bottom