Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Looking to build a portable wagon blind.

I too started researching this. I liked the thought of being able to move a stand easily, even if only 100', Up to a couple miles away.

Following...

What size wagons is everybody building these on? I assume smallest one you can find?

I’ve thought about building one of these for a few years, but ended up just building a haybale blind for now.

What size wagons is everybody building these on? I assume smallest one you can find?

I’ve thought about building one of these for a few years, but ended up just building a haybale blind for now.
I have a barge box wagon to try and another one is just a running gear. Just want everyone's what they would do different.

My general thoughts on these:
-Game changer. I have killed more deer out of mine than any other blind/stand I have. I have shot several with a bow too.
-Goes down the road well. 45 MPH easy.
-Never staked mine down
-Multiple times pulled into field, climbed in, and killed that afternoon.
-Def get the smallest wagon you can find.
-If I were to build another, I would go smaller on the blind part. I used a 5'x10 wagon. That is a pretty common small size gravity wagon you see. Next time, I would build a "porch" on it. Why? If you are sitting by yourself, you can't see out all windows without moving. Next time I would target a 6x6 size for the blind itself for better visibility.

What we have done, and have 5 of, is build a 6x6 shack and put it in a barge box or similar type wagon and just put 4 chunks of angle iron to hold it down and keep it from sliding around. They work great and have 2 more wagons we plan on building more shacks for next year. 6x6 is a nice size so you can hunt by yourself or with another person. I might build the two new ones with a little different windows to make them easier to shoot a bow out of.

I found pictures of my shacks without them in the wagons but it gives you an idea of what they are like. Also we put carpet in them to make them a lot quieter. Also for next year I am going to paint them black inside and rig up some curtains. The biggest thing is to make sure they don't see your silhouette. Resized_20171110_164417.jpegResized_20171110_164421.jpegResized_20171110_164401.jpeg

I found pictures of my shacks without them in the wagons but it gives you an idea of what they are like. Also we put carpet in them to make them a lot quieter. Also for next year I am going to paint them black inside and rig up some curtains. The biggest thing is to make sure they don't see your silhouette. View attachment 120449View attachment 120450View attachment 120451
Do you insulate them? Would like to use after season moonlit night coyote hunting.

Do you insulate them? Would like to use after season moonlit night coyote hunting.
We don't insulate them. We put little buddy heaters in them, but try not to run them because they fog up the windows. We keep a small 6 inch squiggee in each shack to clean windows off. We primarily hunt late muzzleloader in them and most days stay plenty warm if you dressed right, but would be pretty easy to insulate also.

Started with just running gear, they are 6'x6' with a landing.
I did something little different and made extendable outriggers that can be lifted up and then slid in for transportation.
The step is hanging on the landing by a J piece of medal
e3728f507c8ddec570c22ec6471931d3.jpg
936fb9ac8d4896d05eada1f5c5240bb8.jpg
3edf6dac2b9b3eee94b98cf9cfe66df8.jpg

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Top Bottom