Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

LP 606NT

Nightvision

This question is for anyone who has a 606NT and trailers it.

How wide is your trailer! My trailer is right at 8’ wide. It’s just BARELY wide enough. There is no room for errors and that is one expensive piece of equipment. It only stands to reason that I would mess up eventually no matter how careful I am.

What kind of trailer? Deck over?
Yea sir. It’s 8’ wide by 20’ long then a 4’ dove tail. So total length is 24’. Two 7000 lb axels.

I don’t own the drill….yet! I’m just trying to decide on the best course of action. My tractor is only 46hp so too small for the 3 point lift. I would also have to have rear remotes added. But all of that should be significantly cheaper than buying a larger tractor and a 3p606nt.

I’m really contemplating starting a food plot service. I have a day job so I don’t care if I actually make money doing it. As long as I can pro rate the drill out 5 years and break even its a win-win for me. Just have to make sure I have something to load it on.

What kind of trailer? Deck over?

The drill shows 8’ 9” on the specs if I remember correctly. I measured it yesterday and from center of wheel to center of wheel is right at 8’. Maybe an inch narrower. I just don’t have ANY room for a mistake.

I’m sure I’ll need to have the trailer modified on the back end. Just curious if someone has a trailer that works.

Sounds like you need to trailer it like a combine grain head, in-line and solo. Would make it two trips maybe?

We have a ZTR mower with a 72” deck that we trailer around to mow properties. That trailer is about as wide as I’d like to pull.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like you need to trailer it like a combine grain head, in-line and solo. Would make it two trips maybe?

We have a ZTR mower with a 72” deck that we trailer around to mow properties. That trailer is about as wide as I’d like to pull.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’m not afraid of dragging a larger trailer. I would not have any way of loading it that way. Also, 2 trips would not be very feasible.

If only I had ordered the trailer 6” wider.

I’m not afraid of dragging a larger trailer. I would not have any way of loading it that way. Also, 2 trips would not be very feasible.

If only I had ordered the trailer 6” wider.
What kind of trailer? Could it be modified to be wider in the area the drill will sit?

What kind of trailer? Could it be modified to be wider in the area the drill will sit?
That’s what I’m thinking if that drill is the way I go. Just not sure what route will be best. A larger tractor to handle a 3P606NT is also fun to think about.

Sell the trailer look for what they call 102 wide makes all the difference. I have a lowboy for a dozer that’s standard 96” hang some of the tracks over the side.

Modify trailer like a lowboy with recessed sides that extend.
Look for a Donahue trailer. They can be dropped flat on ground. Then you drive across it and set drill on sideways. Then you remove/tilt up the tongue. Not sure how much of a pain that is with that drill model.
Finding the right drill you can move, cover ground, and afford is difficult.

Not going to lie, it's an absolute pain in the ass to load the drill like this but it is doable. The picture looking down the side isn't the final location but it's close. The drill will fit on a 102" wide trailer but it takes a lot of work to get it perfect.... A LOT!!! Every time you try to move over just a little it only makes things worse and you have to start all the way over. My trailer is a hydraulic dovetail 28'+5'. If I could do it all over again I'd get the 3p606NT with a lighter weight trailer to stay under 26,000 lbs. I travel back and forth from Michigan to Illinois. I actually just got a new M4D tractor so I may be changing drills for ease of transportation... and I could get the right color drill! lol
IMG_6602.jpg
IMG_6603.jpg
IMG_6608.jpg

Looks fun...but you did it.
Maybe get a couple sawmill cut 2 x 10 boards and run down side of trailer while loading/unloading. A couple inches extra would help alot.

Not going to lie, it's an absolute pain in the ass to load the drill like this but it is doable. The picture looking down the side isn't the final location but it's close. The drill will fit on a 102" wide trailer but it takes a lot of work to get it perfect.... A LOT!!! Every time you try to move over just a little it only makes things worse and you have to start all the way over. My trailer is a hydraulic dovetail 28'+5'. If I could do it all over again I'd get the 3p606NT with a lighter weight trailer to stay under 26,000 lbs. I travel back and forth from Michigan to Illinois. I actually just got a new M4D tractor so I may be changing drills for ease of transportation... and I could get the right color drill! lolView attachment 124409View attachment 124410View attachment 124411
Thank you.
What size is your Kubota

Thank you.
What size is your Kubota
The tractor in the photos is an L5240. The hydrostatic transmission is nice for a lot of things but it cannot handle a lot of up and down with the drill, it can and will overheat if you’re doing a lot of work. This is why I got a bigger gear driven tractor. Besides that, nothing beats a cab when spraying herbicide.

This question is for anyone who has a 606NT and trailers it.

How wide is your trailer! My trailer is right at 8’ wide. It’s just BARELY wide enough. There is no room for errors and that is one expensive piece of equipment. It only stands to reason that I would mess up eventually no matter how careful I am.
Are you looking at Towing the Tractor as well or just the Drill? I have a 606NT and Towed it with just my Truck. It came with lights on it.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Are you looking at Towing the Tractor as well or just the Drill? I have a 606NT and Towed it with just my Truck. It came with lights on it.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Towing the tractor and the drill. But I was really just kicking tires. My trailer is just too narrow. Just wondered how wide people’s trailers were that actually towed them.

Top Bottom