Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Makes me mad

meyeri

PMA Member
Went out to check my cams on Saturday and I happened to notice this. This is the reason I exclusively hang and hunt and lock up my trail cams on public ground.

Luckily, my steel lock-box prevented the round from hitting my covert cam. Besides some powder burns it works fine. Appears to be a 9mm round or something similar in size. Last year I started putting them high in trees because of all the punks out there. Makes me mad to know there so many losers who have no regard for other people's stuff. You can bet they won't find my cams in the future. I think it's odd that they only fired one round into it. There are some big deer around this particular place, so I don't know if it's jealousy or just someone being a vandal.

I had some guy try to yank mine off the tree with a 4wheeler on public ground on friday afternoon. destroyed the lock but still have my camera

Holy shit. I always wondered if people would actuslly do this to those lock boxes and I guess so

This is how I found mine
wh8UcpB.jpg

Last edited:
Dang, that's crazy. Those lock boxes and python cable locks are the way to go apparently. Same setup as mine.
Yea I was surprised it held up to them yanking it with a 4 wheeler. The lock is ruined and they cut my strap but camera and box are still good. I got pictures of one of the riders but he turned away when he went past the camera. Sent the pictures to the CO anyways as I believe its one of the people who own private land that butts up to the public land.

That is freakin ridiculous! People are idiots and have such a lack of respect for others anymore....and their equipment! I know it wont make you feel any better, but I just went to pull my cards on my OWN PROPERTY....and some prick moron (has to be the piece of trash neighbor of mine) decided to cut slashes into my blind! The part that really pisses me off is the only reason I even had a blind up is so I can take my son out this year for the first time ever.

Hopefully it ricocheted back and gave him a taste of his own medicine. I can't wait till the day I catch someone stealing mine. I have 1 a year stolen and have since setup all my cams in these locations with dummy cams. Game on when I get the PoS that is stealing them

One thing I can't stand is vandals and thieves. I don't have lock boxes on my cams (this is making me re-think that) but I have started hanging them higher in the trees to where if they want to mess with it they need to have a climbing stick with them to reach it.

Yea I was surprised it held up to them yanking it with a 4 wheeler. The lock is ruined and they cut my strap but camera and box are still good. I got pictures of one of the riders but he turned away when he went past the camera. Sent the pictures to the CO anyways as I believe its one of the people who own private land that butts up to the public land.

We have this problem as well. We hunt public land and have people cutting our stand straps and stealing the ladder support bars and the pins.... It's called public Lan and we have a right to place a stand and hunt without fear that some one is going to steal them... So we went strictly tree seats and ground blinds now.... It's sad it has come to this. And one thing I seen is people leaving their stands out and never pull them. And if they see a new stand in the area of theirs they destroy them.....

We have this problem as well. We hunt public land and have people cutting our stand straps and stealing the ladder support bars and the pins.... It's called public Lan and we have a right to place a stand and hunt without fear that some one is going to steal them... So we went strictly tree seats and ground blinds now.... It's sad it has come to this. And one thing I seen is people leaving their stands out and never pull them. And if they see a new stand in the area of theirs they destroy them.....

Dont you know they had their stand there first they own the land now. Or the private land owners who own land that butts up against public think they are the only ones with hunting rights there

I wish they would change the rules to hang and hunt or climber stands only on public; that or actually enforce some of the rules they have in place. Too many guys put up stands and think it's their area, then leave them out year round like they're reserving their spot. I've hang and hunted spots for years, then all the sudden a stand shows up 8 ft off the ground right on top of the trail the deer use. I'm respectful, so if I see a stand in a place usually I'll hunt elsewhere, but I'm not going to give up on good spots all together because someone throws up a stand that they'll maybe hunt twice in a year.
No worries though, I'll keep spending my time destroying big bucks, while the punks worry about destroying other hunters' stuff. ;)

Scouted out a new spot, found a tree that would work for my stand and got it all hung and set. Then I noticed two bow hooks still screwed into the tree above the stand. I hope somebody doesn't come in there this fall and vandalize my set for hanging it in "their" tree.

I wish they would change the rules to hang and hunt or climber stands only on public; that or actually enforce some of the rules they have in place. Too many guys put up stands and think it's their area, then leave them out year round like they're reserving their spot. I've hang and hunted spots for years, then all the sudden a stand shows up 8 ft off the ground right on top of the trail the deer use. I'm respectful, so if I see a stand in a place usually I'll hunt elsewhere, but I'm not going to give up on good spots all together because someone throws up a stand that they'll maybe hunt twice in a year.
No worries though, I'll keep spending my time destroying big bucks, while the punks worry about destroying other hunters' stuff. ;)

Usually if I see stands still hanging come shed season I report them as I come across them

Top Bottom