Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Making your own diaphram call

NWBuck

PMA Member
I saw a program on The Outdoor Channel last night where a guy is selling a kit to make your own customized diaphram call. He did a demo on the show, and it looked really easy. Anyone tried this...and is it as easy as it looks? I think they sell the kit (or one alot like it) at Cabelas.

NWBuck

I bought a call kit last year, I think it was a "Call Purrfect" model which I found on the internet. I got it in the mail and began assembly as they indicated on the directions. The call was absolutely horrible. I then tried my own variation as I normally do and I still couldn't get the call kit to perform right. I tried to make 5 different calls, increasing the amount of tension on the reeds, but the kit would not allow me to tighten them as tight as I needed them. I reverted back to my MAD Call kit that came out a few years ago, although it takes a while longer to make them, they sure are a lot better. I can make any call I want with it and make it bark like an Old Boss Hen. I hope this helps you out. If anything, put a post on here looking for the MAD Call maker and maybe you will find someone who has one laying around somewhere. Good luck

Top Bottom