Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

March:

loneranger

Iowa Climatologist said March was the driest across Iowa in more than 100 yrs. Also said the First three months of 2015 have been the driest first months ever on record across Iowa. I know, most of my frost seeded clover has expired. It started out good, but this constant dry wind and lack of rain has severely dried out my top soil. Last weeks forecast for 90% likelihood of T-Storms resulted in less than .2 of cold drizzle. This week the forecast was for "Numerous", T-Storms Wed night. A 90% Likely. That forecast gave. .03. I know parts of western Iowa got much more, like Ft Dodge to DesMoines near an inch. That was a case of the old die overnight syndrome. Which happens frequently during the Summer months for Eastern IA. It was still pretty good west pf Ottumwa like Knoxville .25,Centerville.30, Kirksville Mo .27. You got farther east Ott-.10,Osk-.11, Fairfield-.03, Mt Pleasant-.07.Certainly not the half to 3/4" forecast. Big picture still remains-The Major Moisture stays south and east and up the Ohio River Valley.

Good for you,, where are you? Last nite may well have lost my fruit crop too. 23 degrees. Buds not open but may be too advanced. Was only supposed to have been 28' would probably have survived that. Would have been a big crop too.

Good for you,, where are you? Last nite may well have lost my fruit crop too. 23 degrees. Buds not open but may be too advanced. Was only supposed to have been 28' would probably have survived that. Would have been a big crop too.

If you're asking me I'm in the Montgomery County area.

Thanks. I assume that is in western Iowa? That is where the storms were still in tact. From the west they died thru the nite,,,which is often the case.

I see Montgomery is NW up near the Minn border. Thats what I thought. West and NW Iowa got the best from that system. Well maybe next wks system will visit SE Iowa? It will be too late for most of my clover though.

I see Montgomery is NW up near the Minn border. Thats what I thought. West and NW Iowa got the best from that system. Well maybe next wks system will visit SE Iowa? It will be too late for most of my clover though.
Montgomery county is SW Iowa near Nebraska

Really? My I- phone was wrong. Oh well still figures like I said activity was goin great guns in the west and dwindled over here East.

Top Bottom