Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Meat Lockers and Shotgun

cybball

I really haven’t dropped deer of at a locker for some time. I shot a doe today (Sunday) during first season. Weaver Meats in Afton was closed. I called Milo locker and they were closed.
Didn’t lockers used to be open extended hours during gun season? I thought I remembered Sunday evenings dropping off deer.

I really haven’t dropped deer of at a locker for some time. I shot a doe today (Sunday) during first season. Weaver Meats in Afton was closed. I called Milo locker and they were closed.
Didn’t lockers used to be open extended hours during gun season? I thought I remembered Sunday evenings dropping off deer.
Depending when you called, they are open from in the morning for several hours and then like 4-7 pm in the afternoon.

Dropped a few off at Milo Sunday evening. The pause the drop off cooler for shotgun, but are open for some hours on sunday to drop off. I understand why, its a madhouse. There are so many dropped off the normal drop off cooler would be overflowing. The line was out the door with people dropping deer off and they have two 53ft reefer trailers come in during gun seasons for extra space to store deer. It was quite and assembly line they had going.

Appreciate that. I called them this morning. I'm just going to stop by this afternoon and drop off. I've had their sticks and love them. I think I just picked an insane time to learn about all of this as I thought for some reason Afton (Wever Meats) was still taking whole deer. I mis-read their website and got that part wrong, so Milo it is. Thanks guys.

Appreciate that. I called them this morning. I'm just going to stop by this afternoon and drop off. I've had their sticks and love them. I think I just picked an insane time to learn about all of this as I thought for some reason Afton (Wever Meats) was still taking whole deer. I mis-read their website and got that part wrong, so Milo it is. Thanks guys.
The Afton situation is unfortunate. They did a fantastic job with a brand-new facility (Like Milo). They told me their renderer quit taking deer scraps, so they have nowhere to go with it.... hence, they stopped taking deer.

The Afton situation is unfortunate. They did a fantastic job with a brand-new facility (Like Milo). They told me their renderer quit taking deer scraps, so they have nowhere to go with it.... hence, they stopped taking deer.
County landfill takes deer, you just have to be willing to haul it out there as a processor.

Dropped a few off at Milo Sunday evening. The pause the drop off cooler for shotgun, but are open for some hours on sunday to drop off. I understand why, its a madhouse. There are so many dropped off the normal drop off cooler would be overflowing. The line was out the door with people dropping deer off and they have two 53ft reefer trailers come in during gun seasons for extra space to store deer. It was quite and assembly line they had going.
Reasons like the above are why I don't bring the deer to the processor any more. They were so backed up that I think they just hacked off the roasts and loins to get done in quick order. Three years ago, I got 30 pounds of sausage for $250. If I use a processor now I do all the deboning myself to ensure there isn't extreme waste and it cuts at least $100 off the cost. Most deer I fully process at home

Top Bottom