• Dear User,

We had issues in getting your old password work with the new version of the software, henceforth kindly Reset Your Password here

You won't be able to login with your old password

If you do not receive the Password reset request within a few minutes, please check your Junk / Spam E-mail folder just in case the email got delivered there instead of your inbox. If so, select Not Junk, which will allow future messages to get through.

If you still need assistance, email [email protected]

We appreciate your patience and understanding on this matter.

Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Hunterra - Custom Hunting Property Maps

Melanistic Oddball Buck!

KCCyclone

Yes, my BIL had two black deer running around his section near Cedar Falls a couple of years ago. Never did hear if anyone shot one or not though. But he would see them regularily while checking his fields.

Daver

PMA Member
I have never seen one, but a few years ago a friend of mine had 5 or so "black" deer around his farm during the summer. It turns out they were not melanistic, but had gotten loose from an enclosure in the area and were some other sub-species.

I think I remember him saying that the DNR advised him and other neighbors to shoot them on sight, as they were not a native animal. I think my friend shot one or two and another neighbor got the others.

DannyBoy

Never seen one in the wild but I've seen some pictures of far darker melanistic deer. Quite a bit more rare than albinoism, if I'm not mistaken.

About this Discussion

Top Bottom