Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Midwest Habitat- 2023 Happenings

IowaBowHunter1983

Staff member
Thought I'd make a thread of happenings in real time throughout the year.

First up...... doing major thinning of junk trees as part of a NRCS forestry stewardship plan.

Oh and found a MAGNUM shed in process.

20230113_161047.jpg
20230114_090012.jpg
20230114_141054.jpg
20230114_105740.jpg
20230113_152555.jpg

Not habitat news, but big news for me. I resigned from my career job this week after 19 years there. Only job I have ever had post college. I look forward to full time habitat work.

Also, working on some good discount codes on products for PMA members of this site. Blinds, cameras, seed. Have that soon.

Not habitat news, but big news for me. I resigned from my career job this week after 19 years there. Only job I have ever had post college. I look forward to full time habitat work.

Also, working on some good discount codes on products for PMA members of this site. Blinds, cameras, seed. Have that soon.
Congratulations and good luck!

Congrats Rob! I hope you do well.

Just curious, in your latest vid above, what did you do with that area at the :37-:38 mark?
Thanks

Congrats Rob! I hope you do well.

Just curious, in your latest vid above, what did you do with that area at the :37-:38 mark?
Thanks
We made pockets of bedding. This was mostly low area with one higher spot in middle of wide-open woods. So we made a central bedding area in the high spot and then made wagon wheel type areas off of it. Doing it that way makes alot more edge and gets utilized alot more than doing one big block.

Top Bottom