Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Minnesota Bear Hunt

buck50

It's been three plus years in the making but this year I drew my archery tag for area 31 up north. The Sawtooth Mountains, in Superior National Forest just 30 miles this side of Ontario. Hired an experienced guide who I've been in contact with for the past 3 years and am looking forward to getting there. Leaving in the p/m on the 28th, will spend the night in Sandstone and finish the trek on the 30th. Season opens Sunday, the first of September. The Ojibway called him 'Mishi Makwa' ...the great bear.
I'm taking my video gear along. We'll see how it goes. Maybe I can get some raw stuff to share. Hope so. So her's to ya! :drink2:

Awesome country up there...you're in for a great time. Hope for cool temps to get them to the baits during daylight hours. Good luck :way:

NWBuck

We are leaving the 30th. This will be our groups 10th year going up. We got picked for zone 51 the first 6 years I believe.. Then they dropped the number of tags down drastically! 7th year the group was lucky enough to get some surplus tags in a different zone. It seems now, it will be an every other year hunting trip now. We will still go up every year to ride fourwheelers and camp but the hunting will more than likely be every other year. Cant beat the country up there! Little different then here in Iowa thats for sure!

September 1st cant come soon enough!

Top Bottom