Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Missing Post

Cracka

SNITCHES GET STITCHES
Gentlemen,

Just curious where the Roger Raglin post went? Did one of the prostaffers delete it? I may just be overlooking it. Thanks all.

• Deleted by N/A
Show…
The entire post was not an attack.. Some of the individual posts were.. I think the thread should come back and remove those comments that were personal attacks. Stuff like this needs to be brought up so people can be informed and make their own conclusions about these "Pro's"..

Old Roger Raglin. That boy has a ton of big deer to his name. Most people who talk smack about him are just jealous, plain and simple. The jealousy that surrounds the professional hunters out there has turned into a plague. Just because they kill giants year after year and are better hunters than 99% of the people doesn't give you a right to be jealous! For crying out loud folks, they were naturally gifted to be killers. For most of us, no matter how hard we try, we will never be that good. It's like Michael Phelps or that Boldt guy.....no matter how hard we try we won't be as good. It's called reality.

Keep it real Roger.

• Deleted by N/A
Show…
Maybe the site shares sponsors with him and the sponsors seen it and didn't like it?

In all politics you got to try and keep everyone happy. Isn't being censored great.

-}}}---------->

Cooter, I don't agree with you. Roger is a die hard and he understands that people will hate him for being great. His sponsors know that too. I bet someone said something inappropriate which in turn caused the moderators of this site to just say 'the heck with this post' and delete it. Sometimes the best way to fix a problem is to throw it away.

• Deleted by N/A
Show…
I moved it, not because of the comments towards Roger Raglin but because I'm personally getting sick of members trying to bait other members into an arguements.

If you want to talk about Roger Raglin, have at it. If you really have an issue with the post being moved, send a PM to the administrators. It's a personal call on my end to lock, move, or edit threads/pots and at the time for what I had read it needed to be moved.

A % of them were great hunters at one time. Then they are expected to kill giant deer year after year after year. What easier way than to pay for it and that's what some do. If its not a game farm it's outfitters that have done all the true hunting and the pros just become trigger pullers and a personality to put on TV. I find it hard to respect them as hunters after that.

So yeah keep it real :rolleyes::way:

-}}}---------->

Thank you for your opinion. I respect every hunter out there that are doing stuff legally.

• Deleted by N/A
Show…
Just because they are in a fence does not mean they are wild. If you catch a coon in a live trap, is he no longer a wild coon. Thanks everyone for keeping this cordial. We don't want this to get deleted. Please keep this discussion going in a professional manner. Booner, I was being serious. His mounts wouldn't even fit in my entire house!

• Deleted by N/A
Show…
  • Deleted by N/A
Show…
Could it be your comment on fiscally attacking him when you seen him?? :D :D9

I hear you Matt I'm done with their baiting......

-}}}---------->

Id never physically attack anyone, I'm all talk. I really can't stand R.R. he seems like a fake to me just like numerous other pros.

Muddy, I mean this is a very non personal attack honest injun way....

Are your panties in a bunch?

• Deleted by N/A
Show…
Mr Chum,

The question may have been to high level to comprehend, however, the statement was meant to say that the coon is still wild as all coons are.

Trapping is also as sporting as it gets.

Old Roger Raglin. That boy has a ton of big deer to his name. Most people who talk smack about him are just jealous, plain and simple. The jealousy that surrounds the professional hunters out there has turned into a plague. Just because they kill giants year after year and are better hunters than 99% of the people doesn't give you a right to be jealous! For crying out loud folks, they were naturally gifted to be killers. For most of us, no matter how hard we try, we will never be that good. It's like Michael Phelps or that Boldt guy.....no matter how hard we try we won't be as good. It's called reality.

Keep it real Roger.

it has nothing to do with hunting in todays world it has to do with calling someone who shoots a animal on TV and saying hey I have a big one spotted on this property they jump on a plane the same day and kill it. The high fenced areas where most of them are killed come straight off of a livestock trailer(I know a guy who raises them for a few places in iowa) and have watched him hand feed them. There are a few shows I still like to watch but id shoot a 100% wild 140 inch deer anyday over a 200 inch pen raised one

• Deleted by N/A
Show…
I have mixed opinions on this topic. Although I do think that it is the viewer or the public perception that these guys are the elite when it comes to hunting. I don't think many of the TV personalities would claim that they are better hunters than someone who isn't on TV, but doing what they do for a living has opened up opportunities that some of the Joes wouldn't have (much like any profession). There are quite a few guys that are 100% legit on TV though and have been killing animals since they were young kids (i.e. Tom Miranda). It's pretty easy to see that america has a infatuation with television and the people who they see on it. Look at the Hollywood hype and the people that are famous for doing nothing, yet people are obsessed with them. This has trickled over to the hunting world and isn't going away. And that's not all bad. Our sport is publicized more now than ever and I think MOST of the shows do a pretty good job of showing our sport in a positive light.

So yeah, I agree that alot of the hatred is coming from within the hunting world and stems from jealousy, but that is the way it is in just about any walk of life or any endeavor that someone takes on. There is always someone who kills bigger deer or makes more money or has more toys. People need to relax and remember that these shows are supposed to be for entertainment and not everyone on TV is going to do things the way that YOU do. I don't shotgun hunt, but I don't turn off the TV everytime I see someone gun hunting.

Point is.... These guys on TV are there because that's what they wanted to do for a living. Is it frustrating to see some of them doing things differently than you would...sure. Is it frustrating that half of the shows or videos you watch are loaded with no talent wannabies that really don't know how to hunt they just think it's cool to be on TV... sure, but there are alot of really people that are really good for the future of hunting and the awareness of what we all love to do. Heck if you are on this website, you are contributing to the commercialization of the sport. I love the fact that I can sit down in my chair and watch people killing animals on TV at any givin time. Thats' the way America should be, and some of you need to remember that TV and internet has made it so much easier to lobby against the anti's out there. It comes down to the fact that even if you don't like these people (Raglin), he's still a hunter and is on OUR side. :way: Who really gives a chit if he likes to shoot his deer in a fence?

Wow thankfully someone has some respect and is not jealous like a few other members who posted above. You my friend are one hell of a guy and the next time Roger hunts my farm I will have him autograph a hat for you or even better yet I will invite you over tp meet him. The knowledge you will gain from his presence will astonish you. The guy will forget more about hunting than most of the jealous ones will ever know.

• Deleted by N/A
Show…
bckhnt1 said:
Try to kill a mature buck on public land every year and then show me a pro!

I was thinking the exact same thing. You should have to do this in order to get your "Pro" card.

• Deleted by N/A
Show…
Top Bottom