Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Momma O Scores!

Liv4Rut

Early last week my mom shot her personal best in many years of hunting. It is the 3rd deer she has taken. I believe it was last Tuesday it was a windy rainy day and my dad had to work late. My mom was going to head out and sit in her east head blind but my dad said he would be home soon so she waited. They got out to the North end blind about 5:30 overlooking a small plot of beans my dad left up for late season. She had a nice blind tucked underneath a big oak overlooking the plot.

About 6:15 she caught the movement of a rack in the tall head high grass about 100 yards away. She grabbed the binos and threw them on my dad's lap who was sleeping from the long day at work. She had the gun on her shooting stick waiting for the OK to shoot. My dad took a look and told her it was a shooter.

The buck was not heading to the beans. It was working its way up to the standing corn behind them. It popped out in a low spot in the grass about 75 yards away and all she could see clearly was the deers vitals. She squeezed the trigger and the muzz hang fired.

My dad was watching through the binos and knew she hit it good but due to the amount of smoke he couldn't tell which way it went in the tall grass. They went home, got some good flashlights and my brother inlaw and it didn't take them long to find a solid blood trail as well as the deer that went about 75 yards.

She was absolutely pumped and is going to get it mounted. Congrats Momma O!!

982-img_1722.jpg

That is awesome! My moms hunting consists of hy vee or the aurora outlet mall. Congrats!!!

Top Bottom