Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Mondays' Opener forecast

Hardcorehunter

UL Shelter/Stove Geek
Doesn't look good. The Accuweather.com weather apps says 33-61 mph winds out of the WNW. Weatherbug says just says Windy, 40% chance of rain, and Weather channel says 25 mph NW winds. All agree it will be windy with a chance of rain. Looks like getting in the woods and setup between a couple of hog backs, down in a valley, will be my way of dealing with the wind. Good luck all, we will need it.

I don't trust any of them but the one thing I do know is it will be a lot better than a day at work!!

Originally Posted by Liv4Rut
I don't trust any of them but the one thing I do know is it will be a lot better than a day at work!!

Well said!!! :drink1:

Mondays forecast has changed 3 times in the past 4 days on my local weather station.

Get your scouting done, find out which tree/s their roosting in, get in very early and set up with in 30 yds of their tree and shoot em after they hit the ground.. worked twice last year.. don't even need decoys when you got a dozen real hens dropping out of the trees around you

Just got back from morning #2 of youth season,skunked again. Yesterday very overcast,alot of birds,not much gobbleing,toms flew down and followed 32 hens out of site, would'nt even look at the dekes. Today extremely foggy,barely any gobbleing, stayed on the roost untill after 8:00 then dissappeared in the timber.Should get alot better next week when the wind lets up and the sun returns. I think airassaults right,get as close to the roost as possible untill then.

Just goes to show you that the weather man is as fake as the Easter Bunny and King Kong.

Top Bottom