Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

More Bird Pics...

DLO

I noticed you guys liked the pictures
grin.gif
Like I said, I always take the camera with me when I go out to my ground. I figured I'd post a few more:

This one was of a hen group. The road you see them walking on was worn by my truck. It's the ridge I drive on to get to my "glassing" place. ( ask Kat... in the Loess Hills, you can see forever.)
Img2005-01-16-0019.jpg

This one is of some more hens, taken through a telephoto lens from about 70 yards:
Img2005-01-16-0030.jpg

This is by far my favorite. I was walking through our timber, crested the top of our hill and came upon a group of toms. I watched them for a while and figured it was about time to roost so I sat tight. I got a series of fly-up pics of this guy roosting... the one I posted next is by far the coolest one:

Img2005-01-16-0032.jpg

Yep, they are a slice of Heaven to be sure.
smile.gif

FANTASTIC photos DLO! Thanks for sharing!
waytogo.gif

Nice pics,look like pics you would see in magazines,good job.

Thanks for all the kudos everyone.... I'm not the reason the pictures turned out the way they did... it's the camera and lenses I spent $2200.00 on.. not my personal artistic prowess, or for that matter, my understanding of the technical idiosyncrasies of an SLR Digital Camera. To be frank, I don't have the time or knowledge to screw around with all the settings a talented photographer would have to set before a photo, like the last one I posted, was taken. The $ buys you an intelligent camera that allows you to let it make the decisions. The nice thing about a digital camera like that is that it not only uploads the picture you took, but the date, time, shutter speed, f-stop, white balance, etc. etc. for each picture. It's a great way to learn how to set the thing when you get enough confidence to turn it to a mode other than auto
grin.gif
. If anyone is interested in the settings the camera chose for the last photo especially, let me know and I'll post them to give you an idea what you need to set on an SLR that isn't automatic. Thanks again for all the "wow's", but all the credit should go to Nikon.

I got quite a few PM's asking my how I had the camera set when I took the last pic. I had it on AUTO!!!
grin.gif
I looked up the data the camera uploaded with the pic, here it is if you want to set your SLR to do the same:

Fly-up picture data:

Nikon D70
2005/01/16 16:29:03.2
JPEG (8-bit) Fine
Image Size: Large (3008 x 2000)
Lens: 70-300mm F/4-5.6 G
Focal Length: 300mm
Digital Vari-Program: Auto
Metering Mode: Multi-Pattern
1/800 sec - F/5.6
Exposure Comp.: 0 EV
Sensitivity: ISO 200
Optimize Image:
White Balance: Auto
AF Mode: AF-S
Flash Sync Mode: Not Attached
Color Mode: Mode Ia (sRGB)
Tone Comp: Auto
Hue Adjustment: 0°
Saturation: Normal
Sharpening: Auto
Image Comment:
Noise Reduction: OFF

Hens on the road pic:

Nikon D70
2005/01/16 12:42:13.7
JPEG (8-bit) Fine
Image Size: Large (3008 x 2000)
Lens: 70-300mm F/4-5.6 G
Focal Length: 300mm
Digital Vari-Program: Auto
Metering Mode: Multi-Pattern
1/2000 sec - F/5.6
Exposure Comp.: 0 EV
Sensitivity: ISO 200
Optimize Image:
White Balance: Auto
AF Mode: AF-S
Flash Sync Mode: Not Attached
Color Mode: Mode Ia (sRGB)
Tone Comp: Auto
Hue Adjustment: 0°
Saturation: Normal
Sharpening: Auto
Image Comment:
Noise Reduction: OFF

Love the pics ... I've been considering a purchase similar to yours but I just haven't been able to part with the $$$$ ... this nearly pushes me over the edge!!!
-Longspurs-

Top Bottom