Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

More topwater crappie and finally....A HAWG!!!

DannyBoy

More topwater crappie and finally....A HAWG!!! (PICS ADDED)

Well, last night started out rough. The water was as clear as I'd ever seen it. There would be no sneaking up on fish. Long casts were key, with minimal splash. Lots of ankle biters unfortunately.

Got there about 7 and we (mostly I) did some quick damage on crappie with twister tails. They came super easy! Tied the stringer off a dock and began hog hunting. Our spirits were low when 9o'clock rolled around and we hadn't boated one decent fish yet. Two pounders and smaller had been the norm. Topwaters were doing minimal damage in prime conditions, so we went back to the plastics, changed our approach and BAM! My buddy Dan's first cast with a black on white ribbon-tail worm produced. What a fight!!! That sucker pulled us every which way and we about tipped over! But patience prevailed and I was able to scoop her out. HAWG BASS! Stretched her out to a FAT FAT FAT 22+ inches (no scale or tape, marked her on the net as good as I could, she may have been bigger). hawg number one is now in the books.

All in all, a good night. Slow at times. But one pig and a stringer of crappie for Dan was enough. Just for $hits and giggles, we threw on some dink poppers super late and landed even more crappie. Topwater crappie fishing...talk about a challenge, but we managed to catch and release another half dozen or so in about 10 minutes.

Our 20 minute stringer of crappie and one gillie
DSCF2337.jpg

Dan's hawg!!!
DSCF2335.jpg

DSCF2333.jpg

Last edited:
Man Law Violation.... I might have to ban you from this forum for this!!!!!!!!

I'll do it with my gf's tonight!!

Congrats on the bass boys! You guys really have been tearing it up this spring/summer.....but c'mon Danny! We really don't need to know what you and your "gf's" do...thats kinda personal buddy! :way:

Congrats on the bass boys! You guys really have been tearing it up this spring/summer.....but c'mon Danny! We really don't need to know what you and your "gf's" do...thats kinda personal buddy! :way:

HAHA! What was on my mind!?

Top Bottom