Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Morning Hunt

OneCam

Bowman and I met up for a hunt this morning over a waterhole. We were able to get some great video footage of a mature doe harvest.
beerchug.gif

Bowman - thanks and great job behind the camera
grin.gif

OneCam...I take it you harvested another doe? Were you two in a Double Bull by chance? How about a short story about the hunt.

Good job you guys
waytogo.gif

Great job guys! Will you be putting the video on the website so the rest of us can download it?

Here's a short story:

Bowman and I decided we wanted to get a doe harvest on film - We left fairly early as we didn't have stands hung and nor did we know exactly where we were planning to sit but we did have a general area in mind as we were hunting one of the special antlerless area's in Polk County.

We set up on the edge of a waterhole and settled in just at shooting light. After a number of turkeys flew down from roost we had a small button buck come in for a drink after he passed below the stands. A couple of minutes later we heard a grunt and in came a doe and another fawn being chased by a small 8 pointer. At 15 yards she presented me with a slightly quartering away shot - at the shot she jumped and sprinted 100+ yards before expiring. The hit was picture perfect taking out both lungs.

Funny thing though - while inspecting the arrow and the initial sign at the hit, it all indicated that the hit wasn't so good. Green matter covered the arrow and ground below the arrow. The arrow never penetrated behind the diaphragm though - must have passed through the esophagus.

I thought I would point this out and see if anyone else has had a similiar circumstance?

Video footage will be at the Classic and possibly on the site but not until after Rut
grin.gif

OK, now that the herd is down 25% the rest of us can trophy hunt.
grin.gif

Excellent adventure. It is nice when things work out for the camera. Mine never do.
bawling.gif

I'd like to say yes on your experience, but after post mortem autopsy I have found a perferation of the gut bagola in my harvests with green stuff involved.
bleh[1].gif

Keep up the good work!
waytogo.gif

Top Bottom