Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Movement Update...

This looks so great! It is so good to see you posting again! OK so I'm guessing you mean the next recipe is the pie that Florida is known for????? I'm sooooo excited for that one!!!

I went out this morning and saw 7 different bucks (I had seen them all yesterday morning, so nothing new), and then saw a deer on the way home from church out in the middle of a bean field. He looked like a bird dog working a pheasant with his head down.

I hunted friday morning north of DSM and saw a ton of action, 8-10 small to midsize bucks cruising and chasing about 20-25 does in smaller groups at different times, I managed to tag 3 of the does. About 9am a big 10 stepped out and checked out one of the dead does for about 1/2 hr before heading to the bedding areas, guessing him to be 170- biggest deer I've seen in person all season. Sat in the same stand saturday morning hoping to see him again, but only saw a couple small bucks and a nice 4yr old 9 pt that I decided to take. 2 minutes after he was down a hot does came running by with 2 very big bucks chasing her, at least 160's. Best action I've seen all year-

1 small buck this afternoon at 3... at 5 10 I looked towards my truck and saw a 125 dogging 2 does hard, chased them all the way across the mile section in a matter of minutes...but thats all I saw

Skunked today! Two different timbers. Yesterday was not much better. Frustrating when you can only hunt the weekends and you have to drive an hour and a half to get there!

I was helping my son set some traps this afternoon and saw where at least some of the bucks are...they are with a single hot doe pushed out in the middle of no man's land. I saw bucks where a person wouldn't even dream of hunting (brushy draws in the middle of corn fields). One hot doe before being pushed into one of these areas makes a person think it couldn't get any better, but then the next time on stand it may be really quiet if he gets her out of the thick of things!

Just witnessed my first hot doe of the season. Shes getting run all over the place as I type, unfortunatley the buck is only a 120 incher.

I had "taxi duty" this morning and told my wife this morning should be rocking and she gave me the typical "oh they will be there waiting" speech. Anyway, I say that and 50 yds from the house a 3 1/2 yr old is walking the edge of the field towards the house. I can't imagine what it was like where it is good...this was just a wanderer on a cruise!!!

It was good here just south of osceola. Have young bucks cruising and chasing does all over the place. Had 1 big mature buck chasing young bucks off. Would of taken him but my calls didn't even phase him.

Still horrible mature deer movement for me in central Iowa, sure wish I could have been out there this morning with a low in the high 20's when I woke up for my 8Am class and finally not much wind. I did however notice that scrapes were starting to get freshened up as well as alot more big rubs were showing up. I'm hoping this weekend into next week is rocking for mature buck movement. My guess in my area based on what my trail cameras are telling me with absolutely no big bucks on camera (which many of my cams are in feeding areas) over the past 5 days that it was save to say that they were on lockdown.

i told myself i needed to get out this morning with the nw winds and cool morning temp. so i was up early (4:15am) to shower, pack and drive to the ground i hunt. was in the stand by 6am. total for the morning was 5 does, 1 buck and a coyote. i would have liked to have gotten a shot at the buck but he was at an all out run as he chased a doe right by my stand. i tried some calling after they ran through to try and pull him from the doe but he wasn't going to leave her. i'm pretty surprised that there were that many does in front of me and i only saw one buck all morning. things sure are better when the temps are low. november 4th was probably my best day on stand so far this year. i saw 6 different bucks and handful of does that morning. but this morning wasn't bad either. anytime you get to see the sun rise and have deer in front of you it's a good day. unfortunately it looks like warmer temps again this weekend. i've been seeing a lot of deer in corn fields the last week. only one deer in a bean field.

My best friend took out my wife last night. Had a 135" buck at 12 yards but thats all the movement they saw. Unfortunately for her she forgot to grab her bow as she left the house. She was heartbroken but it wasn't meant to be. Hopefully this cold front gets the big boys moving better

I was hopeful they would be moving a lot this morning with the cold temp. But Ive only seen a doe, two yearlings and a 120ish 8 pointer so far.

Good luck this week guys, I am taking this week off, but will be back in Albia this weekend to hunt and then will hunt quite a bit next weekend over the holiday break.

I was just wondering what people were seeing with this cold snap. I've seen more bucks in the fields the last two days than I have in a long while...just haven't had a chance to see them from a tree...maybe tonight!!!

Top Bottom