Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Muddy Bale Blind

Bighole

Anyone have a Muddy bale blind or used one? Thinking about maybe getting one for late season muzzy, but wanted to know what others thought of them.

I got mine from Sportsmans unlimited in Waukon. Love it. Pain in the tail to assemble though.

The advantage is that it's already built. Kinda like ordering a pizza vs making one yourself. May even come with some sort of warranty. The blind, not the pizza

I built my own, i don't know what the price is for the muddy blinds but i know I build mine for about $150 and took me a couple days to get it done. Not 8hr days though. It has been a proven deer killer. Reason i built one is I wanted to leave it out all year and not worry about if it would get damaged.

I know mine works like a charm, I have it setting out in a middle of a field and have had deer walk by within yards of the blind with the windows open and not even know we were in there. My son shot his out of that blind this year. So I don't see a reason that any bale blind from any mfg/homemade wouldn't work.

The advantage is that it's already built. Kinda like ordering a pizza vs making one yourself. May even come with some sort of warranty. The blind, not the pizza

I get that, but if it's a pain to assemble then I would like to know what the advantages are. I'm in the process of building a couple and just wondering what makes there's better than a homemade(something I can do to make mine better)

Advantages it is burlap, can be taken off and stored in the summer. Love mine. Windows could be alittle tighter, but overall great blinds. Did take 2 hours to assemble by myself. Lots of nuts and bolts. Metal frame will need to be painted, rust easy. You can move it yourself. Plenty of room in it. Both were out in the last wind storms and neither moved, it was staked down.

^ nailed it. Quality product that doesn't have to be covered with weeds. It's just a lazy mans version, but is good quality. I have mine on a tower and I didn't think a homemade one would take the abuse.

Built my own too. I will put it up against any of the manufactured blinds. During the 65mph winds this year it rolled 300yds, completely undamaged. You can put the burlap on a homemade one very easy and/or stuff it with hay and save yourself 300-400 bucks!!!

Took two of us about 4 hrs to build it

Built my own too. I will put it up against any of the manufactured blinds. During the 65mph winds this year it rolled 300yds, completely undamaged. You can put the burlap on a homemade one very easy and/or stuff it with hay and save yourself 300-400 bucks!!!

Took two of us about 4 hrs to build it

Would you mind sharing some pics? Building one myself, using pallets as the base so I can move with loader

A friend on mine is selling the Red Neck Sportsman bail blinds for $399.00 here at home. That's a heck of a deal! I'm sure he could ship them for $50.

Used treated 2x4's for the base, 8' wide by 4' deep. Wrapped with cattle 2 cattle panels which are attached to the 2x4's with barbed fence staples. The ends are plywood cut to the shape of a bail and attached to the cattle panels with heavy duty ties. Pretty easy to shape it once it is attached to the 2x4's. I used landscaping erosion mats to wrap it in and stuffed it with extra hay.

Blind2_zps779cb38b.jpg

Blind1_zps9a655019.jpg

Blind3_zps2d5b8e59.jpg

photo4_zps1f4edaf6.jpg

Blind6_zpsf1f80d6f.jpg

Blind5_zpse048e6f1.jpg

I read where landscaping erosion mats deteriorate within year, how long have you used the one pictured? Looks really sweet. I'm looking at building a couple come spring.

I built this one last year with erosion matting. I can take pics the next hunt outing. My blind has set out all since Sept 2014. It has darkened but is showing no signs of needing replaced. If you would be hauling them down the highway I could see where it would be rough on them. I did tarp it when I hauled it to the field, just because I had to go 50 miles of interstate.

http://iowawhitetail.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51299

Erosion Matt was fine after 2 years if hunting. The hay does darken a bit but looks very natural. I paid $40 for a 8' x 160' erosion Matt. I figure I can rewrap the blind 4-5 more times off a single roll so 10 years minimum if I need to wrap again this year but I don't see that being te case.

I should add that I did add a tarp on top of the cattle fence then the erosion Matt, I wanted it dark inside and this also weather proofs it pretty good!!

$299 for the muddy blind isn't bad. If it takes hours to assemble just build one yourself and save $150 though!

Erosion Matt was fine after 2 years if hunting. The hay does darken a bit but looks very natural. I paid $40 for a 8' x 160' erosion Matt. I figure I can rewrap the blind 4-5 more times off a single roll so 10 years minimum if I need to wrap again this year but I don't see that being te case.

I should add that I did add a tarp on top of the cattle fence then the erosion Matt, I wanted it dark inside and this also weather proofs it pretty good!!

$299 for the muddy blind isn't bad. If it takes hours to assemble just build one yourself and save $150 though!

My thoughts exactly. What are your thoughts on putting a floor in it?I have access to treated plywood and excess outdoor carpet. I was thinking it could add weight to keep it more stable along with staking it.

My thoughts exactly. What are your thoughts on putting a floor in it?I have access to treated plywood and excess outdoor carpet. I was thinking it could add weight to keep it more stable along with staking it.

I used 4 pieces of rebar in the corners with no floor and it doesn't move. Also whatever way people go is keep an eye out for cheap office chairs. I have 2 in our blind and they are nice for sitting and looking out the windows. Also if you have different height hunters you can just raise and lower the seat accordingly. Since I dont have a floor, they don't roll very well.

The Muddy Bale Blinds are on sale now on the Muddy website for $279.99 ($120 off). Promo code: TP1215
Just an FYI for those who are interested. I really like the ones I have.

Last edited:
Top Bottom