Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Multifloral Rose

Bassattackr

Heard conflicting things on a herbicide that will work to spot spray on these? One reference says Garlan 3A is good but another says will top kill only? Also pretty pricey.. Thoughts?

I had so many but did get rid of them by mowing them down with a brush hog 3 or 4 times a year for 2 years then once or twice a year after that. Glyphosate will kill them once they're cut down and the new growth is sprayed late in the year also but I try avoiding using it too broadly.

I mixed up a hot gly/2-4D mix and hit MFR on the edge of a field, spot spraying and had great results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have mowed the 5 acre patch 3 times the first yea. Then only twice the next 2 years. This year I have only mowed it once, and the multi-flower rose has been almost disappeared. I only sprayed the acreage one time the second year to get rid of the milkweed that had come up. I used 2-4-d, diesel, and a little roundup sprayed at 20 # to a acre.

Remedy, Grazon Next HL spot sprayed early June when flowering will smoke them. I’d avoid diesel and glyphosate unless you want dead spots where you spray. Remedy (triclopyr) would likely get them by itself mixed to label and sprayed during bloom. I’m sure other times of year will work also but makes it easy to locate MFR when in bloom and it works good then.

I have mowed the 5 acre patch 3 times the first yea. Then only twice the next 2 years. This year I have only mowed it once, and the multi-flower rose has been almost disappeared.

That is interesting, I will have to hit the mower to it and see what happens. Any excuse to break out the tractor works for me :D

Top Bottom