Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Murder mystery!

Sligh1

Administrator
Staff member
I get to blind hour ago. Settle in. “What the heck!?!?!?!” Right in front of me. I pop down real quick & quiet. Puss around skull cap. Tiny bloody hole as well in skull cap. I should have taken pics of that. 90% sure from fighting. He was just walking around & a buck we wanted kids to try for. Life in the wild!!!!
453682B3-0179-41F7-936C-107000D25459.jpeg
2F6F464C-D329-4DA7-9EDA-C7A7A617318E.jpeg050D56E1-F365-4493-8004-0B19DC3FDF14.jpg

That’s nuts!!!

That’s part of the reason why we keep coming back-you never know what you’re going to see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bummer. Part of the whitetail reality, they can be best friends all year long and then for a couple months they mean business and all previous friendships are forgotten. Just for little nookie, I guess humans would fight too if it only happened once a year, oh wait, at my age it rings true but just can't fight for it anymore :rolleyes:

That was an old bully buck in my opinion. I'll bet he kicked a ton of ass in his life. There's always, eventually, a bigger badass on the block though. Love it.

I’ve gotten in 3 that would have been dead anyway in the next few hours. All from fighting. One guy stalked on a 180 and realized he was screwed and shot him barely standing at 10 yards. His whole brain cavity looked like pistachio pudding, gross skin job!

Too many older age bucks in an area lots of serious fights! Need to thin more old non trophy potential bucks out! Lots of fun!!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

THIS is why we pound the 4+ year old bullies…. Or any older buck that might not have a great rack or he’s maxed out. We will pass NONE of them.
Text my brother about this- he replies… “we have too many bucks!!” & he’s right. It sounds insane but the population has gotten up & there’s a good handful of bucks that need targeted. *when I say “too many bucks” - many of those are 110-140” older deer. We always shoot them but there’s quite a few around this year.

My boy charlie- his deer was a prime candidate. Broke off part of brow & he was a fighter. We got 2 other lower scoring deer that often would have been passed as well. Dead. IMO- any bully, maxed out buck or low scoring deer that’s old, etc- never should be passed. It’s critical to hunt those deer (& rewarding/fun when you get one - not minimizing the “trophy” of them). They take up several spots… how aggressive, dangerous & dominating they are is very real.

That's pretty crazy. Wonder how many concussions these bucks suffer over the years, you'd think they suffer some sort of trauma from all the fighting they do. Tough animals!!

Top Bottom