Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

My “#1 buck” goes down- last minute “Chad”

Sligh1

Administrator
Staff member
Yes - this was really my “#1 buck”!!!! ;). I literally spent 7 nights hunting him. Escaped me last year!!!
Sent my buddy “Chad” into hunt him several nights ago.... all he did was shoot a hole in my blind when his ML went off unexpectedly - so - this buck’s name quickly became “Chad”!!! Smart old buck- he really was smart but aggressive.

Of course I wanted to make space for other bucks & hopefully with better gens!!!! This was 1st season EVER that we got every management buck on the list killed. thx to buddies for help. Down to the wire & got every one!!!

He literally Came out with 4 bucks out there already over 140” up to 165” but were younger and way better gens. He was mean!!! I didn’t see him Til last bit & hopes were down the tubes until then.... Last 10 mins of the season I was bummed that “Chad” outsmarted me while all the other deer were out. All the sudden- Chad comes to join the party!!!! I was so stoked.

I actually shot him through the window that was shot out by Chad. See pic with hole next to window and broke glass from chads mishap.

After a long season - Chad finally bit the dust!!!! He’s going to be full body mounted next to my full body cow mount. Here’s the pic as I walked up on him. I absolutely LOVE shooting bucks like this!!! I was labeled as “obsessed with getting Chad”. So fun!!! What a season!!!
ed506f2c513fa2721ef4ef58ab772740.jpg

eb6971ec10abd96796f56a6837e7e3bb.jpg

07361725ee352120ca09ff6c5009034e.jpg
93cc7e70cdc110cfc7a7f2d160ba7004.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Congrats on taking chad down. Always good to get the deer you went after. How did he accidentally shoot the window out? Those things happen and as long as nobody got hurt it sure does make a good Conversation topic,
and you will always be able to show everyone what chad did.

Awesome! Good looking buck. Just curious, how old do you think "Chad" was?

Ok- just to clarify - thank you for being nice... he wasn’t really a “good looking buck”. I hate to use the word “turd” because I respect the animal & age BUT - he was one we kinda just wanted “gone”. And yes - I was happy to get him and his age made him smart. He’s pry 100” smaller than my bow buck I got but I am happy to get him.

Chad looked the exact same last year. Identical and old. We figured he had to be 5 last year. Who frigin knows. He wasn’t one i paid attention to until We said “holy crap- he’s gotta go!!!” 5-8????? In that range. Teeth looked super worn. He was still aggressive and mean.
I’d love to shoot poor gen bucks at 4.5 but don’t always work out. Bucks are like Dictators..... they wanna rule an area and when u remove them- it makes room for another. Hopefully better. My farm can only hold “xyz” amount of bucks. So- it’s critical we remove all of the “Chad” type deer. We killed every one off and the remaining are either: super young or great genetic. More poor gens will show up and we’ll be waiting!!!! ;). Not killing the “chads” takes the space another buck would fill so they ALL have to go!!!!! So CRITICAL!!!! Doing this 6 years on one farm- every year- it makes so much difference it would blow ur mind. I can’t explain it in words the benefits. Hugely important!!!!

Congrats on taking chad down. Always good to get the deer you went after. How did he accidentally shoot the window out? Those things happen and as long as nobody got hurt it sure does make a good Conversation topic,
and you will always be able to show everyone what chad did.
Ya- good question!!! Said he put primer in, closed it and went off. Said the firing pin must have stuck out. Who knows. Same guy that put my gator in ditch & somehow missed 3 does at 50 yards. I can’t explain it other than “that’s just chad”. These things happen yearly to him COINCIDENTALLY!!! ;).

Last edited:
Score guesses? I think he’s gonna break the 230” mark!!!???!!!! Been suggested he’s the new logo for IW. Hmmmm.

Ya- good question!!! Said he put primer in, closed it and went off. Said the firing pin must have stuck out. Who knows. Same guy that put my gator in ditch & somehow missed 3 does at 50 yards. I can’t explain it other than “that’s just chad”. These things happen yearly to him COINCIDENTALLY!!! ;).

Congrats on a great season. We have a "Chad" that goes to Canada with us....runs boats out of gas, throws stringers of walleye into the lake not tied to boat, loses minnow buckets...etc, etc, etc.. There's always one "Chad" in the bunch.

Good job Skip! I’m in for pics of the life size beef.

So side note- some of u may remember my trophy bovine hunt many years back. It made national news, a movie was based off the hunt & a best selling book was written about that hunt...

Since I still laugh at my own silly pic, I’ll make sure everyone can relive the greatest hunt of my life!! :). Chad is now the #2 hunt though. They shall both be in my bedroom - full body mounts. (I can picture my wife’s eyes rolling if she saw me show off my trophy cow harvest ;) ). Good times!! On to shed season & likely entering Chad into the buck contest at the classic!
03df24a6fb21d745086122a42194ea02.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom