Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

My best turkey yet

Owenator

Life Member
Yesterday morning me and my dad set up in a hot spot on our friends farm that turkeys usually come through. At first light we seen him fly down about 100 yards from us and enter the field he wouldn't respond to our calls and disappeared in the other direction. About a half hour later he came back out with 7 hens and was about 200yards away pushing the hens around putting on a show, The hens started moving our way and the tom followed them. It took them what seemed like forever to come and they stopped around 75 yards. Sone of the hens came to our decoys so the other hens left the big tom and he got mad and came in too. We spun our jake around and he ran up to it and stopped. I shot my bow at him and missed so I gave the bow to my dad and grabbed the shotgun and boom he jumped straight up and fell dead! I was upset I missed with my bow I think I was to excited or my face mask messed me up. I will be practicing to figure it out so next time it will not happen. Like dad said at least this way I could get excited twice lol.We got to the tom and I realized how big he was and I couldn't believe it when I moved him how much he weighed and seen his spurs and long beard! He was a big old bird we weighed him on different scales and came up with 31lb 8oz the spurs are 1 3/8" each and the beard is 10 1/4" very cool and I am thankful for our friend for sharing and dad for taking me all the time. I don't know if I'll ever get a chance at a bigger bird but will have all kinds of fun trying! image-544097593.jpgimage-4088324619.jpg

Attachments

• image-295600843.jpg
    image-295600843.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 177
  • image-3443876238.jpg
    image-3443876238.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 147
Last edited:
Top Bottom