Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

My Deer The Big 8

dwkeesee

Hey guys I have always enjoyed following the forum even though I am from Kansas I thought I would share this years buck. I started getting pictures of this deer back in 2011 when he was a solid 4x4 and he sort of fell off my radar as I was always chasing other deer. Last spring my good friend found a shed off of him and I decided it was time to devote my season to him. Although I did not get any trail cam pictures of him early the neighbor did and he was nice enough to share them. He finally started showing up on my cameras late October and I had my first encounter with him early November but only at 70 yds. I did not see the deer for a few weeks and rarely got him on camera after that. The day before Thanksgiving we started to get some nasty weather and hard North winds. I decided it was time to hang a new set where I had seen him come out of earlier that month. I snuck in with my LoneWolf got hung and it wasn't twenty minutes later he came by running a doe so hard I could not get him to stop. He looked absolutely huge running right under my tree. Two nights later he came down into the same timber but instead of following the trail in front of my stand he turned and disappeared. I was starting to get pretty disappointed since rifle season was the next week, but it wasn't but 10 minutes later he came walking back down the same trail and gave me a shot at 35 yards. He grossed 177 6/8 Hope that story wasn't too long. Thanks for looking. Will

Top Bottom