Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

My Once in a Lifetime Buck Named Patches

Ishi

PMA Member
This story starts in 2012 last day of regular season I hunted that morning and seen this buck 300 yds through my binoculars and seen the white patch. Cool he looked like a 2 1/2 year old buck at the time.
October 29 I got of work early and decided to hunt the stand where my scrape cams are set. I saw no deer that night so on the way out I pulled one of the two cards. I was on my way to hunt with a friend on his farm as its a annual Halloween hunt. On the way there I stop and got something to eat and decided to view the SD card. I about choked on my food when I seen the pic. It is him or good chance its him how many deer have a white patch on them. He was a mile away from the sighting in 2012. It was tough going to my friends place when I knew he was there.
Now its November 4 first time back to try and put him down. I spent 6 days and all I could think about was the plan to kill him. Well at 7:55 first deer I seen was him I couldn't believe it. He can in fast thru the thickets and instincts took over. The shot was 12 yards.
1E10DD09-2127-4AC5-B321-69A7DFCBFD1B.jpeg
658B79A0-27BB-4480-B6B8-C3560B62A7EC.jpeg
I have many pics of him on both cameras.
IMG_0135.JPG
IMG_0132.JPG

IMG_0136.JPG
This last pic is the last pic of him on the hoof just seconds before I shot him.
IMG_0133.JPG

It took me three hrs to cart him out as I was hunting alone but well worth it. I have skinned him for a half life sized mount in case I go that route. Or I can do a wall pedestal mount or a floor pedestal mount. All three options will show every white hair he has. Today is a relaxing day as I work on the skin. I feel very blessed and thankful that I can hunt these magnificent animals.

Thanks Daver for your good luck wish on my hunt. :D

About forgot he grossed 159 5/8 ,20 5/8 in side spread.

Last edited:
Be sure to post your mount pics when they are done! That is going to be an awesome one! Very sweet deer, congrats!

...Thanks Daver for your good luck wish on my hunt. :D

Sooooo, does that mean I can take credit for you getting such an awesome buck? :D :D

Seriously, what a beautiful animal. Amazing! Congrats! With that coloration, that probably is a buck of a lifetime!

Now then...how about you return the good karma my way and wish me well on my hunt? :D Cuz' starting tomorrow, I am going to be out there with a vengeance! :D

Sooooo, does that mean I can take credit for you getting such an awesome buck? :D :D

Seriously, what a beautiful animal. Amazing! Congrats! With that coloration, that probably is a buck of a lifetime!

Now then...how about you return the good karma my way and wish me well on my hunt? :D Cuz' starting tomorrow, I am going to be out there with a vengeance! :D

Yes to you good luck! A few things I forgot is he's not a big deer in stature. Smaller head and frame. If he was two years old when I saw him in 2012 that makes him 5 1/2 years old. His teeth will be aged just to know how old he is. From the many hundreds of deer I have caped many deer never get big in stature. Its all in genetics which is very interesting. Thanks guys and good luck is going to get good real soon.

Last edited:
Top Bottom