Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

My possible "start up"

muddy

Last June I went to Kentucky to help choose a couple Single Barrel store picks. The manager was nice enough to give me the Elijah Craig barrel for decoration. Drinking one night I looked at the barrel and got to thinking... I've seen cabinets made out of them things.

Low and behold 2 weeks, and 100 trips to Lowes, later... my double lazy Susan'd shelf LED lit barrel cabinet was done. A post on CrapBook and 4 days later I had people lining up to get one. Still in the very fledgling stage as I need to upgrade tools, work on barrels, and manage other obligations.

Wish I knew how to upload a video, she really is dang nice. Currently working on one for a retired green beret. It will signed by some NFL guys, some of his business partners, and Marcus Luttrell. Then it will be put up for auction at his upcoming fundraiser for veterans. He owns Cold Zero whiskey and vodka, both made at Cedar Ridge here in Iowa, also both quite affordable. The other barrel is a father's day gift for a friend.

Still back and forth on this idea, when you cut out the doors the entire profile of the barrel literally "pops" out of place. A lot of hands on hips staring, swearing, and bridge of the nose pinching. I'll update things as I plow forward.

Cheers!

Attachments

• 20230218_115259.jpg
    20230218_115259.jpg
    203.6 KB · Views: 154
  • 20230218_115327.jpg
    20230218_115327.jpg
    239.9 KB · Views: 155
  • 20230225_162044.jpg
    20230225_162044.jpg
    328.1 KB · Views: 149
  • 20230223_130106.jpg
    20230223_130106.jpg
    253.6 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:
I'm not a drinker other than an occasional social beer, but thats pretty cool. I'm sure you could sell quite a few of those.

That is really cool. Now you have my wheels turning. That would be a great auction item at the spring banquet.

Super cool. Would be interested to hear about pricing when you get fully up-and-running.
I have 4 going right now. 300 up front and 800 total delivered within reason if I have to find the barrel. 700 total if you bring me a barrel. Hardware is pricier than a guy would think and a lot of hours.

I have 4 going right now. 300 up front and 800 total delivered within reason if I have to find the barrel. 700 total if you bring me a barrel. Hardware is pricier than a guy would think and a lot of hours.
I figured the end product wasn't cheap. Lots of labor and hardware. I had a vivid mental image of the barrel flying apart when you cut the steel straps on the 1st one.

I figured the end product wasn't cheap. Lots of labor and hardware. I had a vivid mental image of the barrel flying apart when you cut the steel straps on the 1st one.
200+ self tapping screws hold the staves in place to the bands. Each stave gets at least 1 screw.

Top Bottom