Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

My possible "start up"

definitely in for 1 when you can work me in. Let me know what kind of barrels you get your hands on, I might have access to a templeton barrel!!!

I’ve done something similar in the past- I commend you on your work and patience! I was ready to scrap my whole project (and not nearly as complex). So just wow, great work!

I’ve done something similar in the past- I commend you on your work and patience! I was ready to scrap my whole project (and not nearly as complex). So just wow, great work!

I'm at that point with my current barrel. It an older barrel and the staves in one of the doors are NOT cooperating. They really sprung when I cut it out. One door looks good, the other is about ready to get dosed in gasoline.

The one door on this one sprung so bad I had to remove staves to get it to fit. Then some of the staves twisted and needed upwards of a half inch sanded off. The left door is great, the right door is good enough for the customer. On to #3

Attachments

• 20230307_113228.jpg
    20230307_113228.jpg
    266.8 KB · Views: 37
  • 20230307_114427.jpg
    20230307_114427.jpg
    174.5 KB · Views: 37
  • 20230307_113302.jpg
    20230307_113302.jpg
    206 KB · Views: 37
You need a cattle brand to burn in your trademark. Hope it's getting easier the more you do. I definitely like the lights . They make all kinds of color changing and dimming led lights these days.

You need a cattle brand to burn in your trademark. Hope it's getting easier the more you do. I definitely like the lights . They make all kinds of color changing and dimming led lights these days.
I need a few other tools before I look into a branding iron for it, but I have already considered that item.

#4 smelled amazing when I popped the doors... almost 1/4 of a bottle still in the barrel. My garage floor is well sanitized today.

Attachments

• 20230315_160005.jpg
    20230315_160005.jpg
    315.1 KB · Views: 56
  • 20230315_161137.jpg
    20230315_161137.jpg
    241.8 KB · Views: 56
Very nice! And great bourbon collection! Was that a JD Coy Hill I spied? Have you opened it? Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very nice! And great bourbon collection! Was that a JD Coy Hill I spied? Have you opened it? Thoughts?

I have an open CoyHill, it's amazing, I only drink it 1 or 2x a year... and my birthday is next week. I'd give something good for another one.

I have an open CoyHill, it's amazing, I only drink it 1 or 2x a year... and my birthday is next week. I'd give something good for another one.

I’ve had my eyes open for one for a while. How is the bourbon scene in Iowa? Probably just as scarce as here in Kansas….

I’ve had my eyes open for one for a while. How is the bourbon scene in Iowa? Probably just as scarce as here in Kansas….

I think Kansas is easier to find wayward bottles in out of the way places. Lotta chasers around here. If you find a Coy it'll likely be secondary, and they're 450-500 these days.

Top Bottom