Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

My wife lost a bet...

DLO

I ordered a Black Widow SAII a few weeks ago. Of coarse dropping about a grand on stick and a string never goes over well with a non-archer...especially if they are married to you
grin.gif
. While I wait for the bow to arrive, I've been battling with the decision of what arrow material to use. I decided on wood, cedar to be exact. I figure, if your going to shoot a trad bow, shoot an arrow to match. ( I've always thought it interesting at 3-D shoots to see recurve and longbow guys shooting carbon.... just doesn't seem to fit.) Anyway, I ordered the shafts and proceeded to build a few arrows. Something was missing, I didn't know what. The arrows turned out great...I chopped and spliced the feathers myself, stained and sealed the shafts... everything went togather really well, but something was missing. CRESTING!! "Crap another thing to buy". I discussed the option of buying a cresting lathe tonight over supper. The response was less than optimal
crazy.gif
My wife, after being struck with the fact we were going to be spending a lot of cash on yet another new bow this year, was less than receptive to me shelling out another $100.00+ on something that just made the arrows "look good". She mentioned I spend a huge amount of $ on hunting....a lot! She also mentioned that she would bet me I would be unable to resist spending the cash on the cresting lathe no matter what she said. I sat back and thought a while and, being it's Mother's Day tomorrow, I set out to crest my arrows with nothing more than what I could find in the house. I grabbed an old electric hand mixer, a couple of Sharpy Markers and set out for the shop to prove her wrong. Here's the result
grin.gif
: (I should have bet her for the $150.00 back quiver I'm going to buy!!)
evil.gif
evil.gif

Img2005-05-07-0006.jpg

Img2005-05-07-0007.jpg

Img2005-05-07-0008.jpg

Top Bottom