Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

NE IOWA OUTFITTER BUSTED???

Schmandty, Are you saying he is a stand up guy and it is just some neighbors who wish he did not guide are the only problem? Are all the posts, and there are multiple from people in multiple states, on other sights about him ripping people off (theft) just made up falsehoods? You say, I quote "But this fall he was arrested for hunting with a resident tag." You don't get arrested for using the wrong tag once, EVER. He was scamming multiple people and it finally caught up to him and he was arrested for that. He may have done right by you and some other as well, because you have to provide some service to some people to in order to have any business. Then he used that cover to scam others and bring in more $$$.

What charges is he facing? And would he even see more than a few days before he "buys" his way out of jail?
He paid for six citations written on 11-13-2016 for "no valid non-resident deer licenses". The total fines ranged from $330 to $654 including costs for each citation.

I look forward to going back next year with my family to hopfully have my wife and dad harvest a mature deer

I doubt he will be in the outfitter business this year or next year. Even if he is cleared of all charges I would not risk my hard earned dollars on him. I know there are outfitters in Iowa that always do the right thing.

2- Bucks I'd like to see where on other sights people are being scammed by NE Iowa outfitters. I have never seen anything about it. I think your thinking of Andy Wulf with Whitetail Ridge Outfitters.

2- Bucks I'd like to see where on other sights people are being scammed by NE Iowa outfitters. I have never seen anything about it. I think your thinking of Andy Wulf with Whitetail Ridge Outfitters.
More like Cory and the Yellow River Ranch was scamming all of Iowa! You can call it poaching, stealing, or both. We don't need hunters like this in Iowa, and certainly not an outfitter who will gain financially breaking hunting laws!

Droptines- none of his citations have to do with poaching or stealing. He was given a citation for every deer he has shot going back a couple years. Reason being DNR say he's a Florida resident and not a actual Iowa resident.

You are right. I was confusing the two and apologize.

Technically speaking if you leave the state for 30 consecutive days then you are required to change residency. When I was moving around the country doing construction this is what I was told by the state of Iowa.

Coming back to Iowa and trying to get residency is a whole different deal. I believe it takes quite a bit longer to get residency.

Im pretty sure to claim residency to get a resident hunting lisence you have to be living in the state of Iowa for 90 consecutive days before the season opens. So people that are snow birds can leave for the winter and come back in the spring and still be able to buy a resident license.
There's other requirements that you gotta have too besides but this is one of the more important ones.

Yes its 90 days. I moved back in April and had to sit out all of the turkey seasons. It was very very painful.

I haven't looked into this much but did the guy claim residency in both Florida and Iowa or how can he get into trouble if he only claimed residency in Iowa?

I haven't looked into this much but did the guy claim residency in both Florida and Iowa or how can he get into trouble if he only claimed residency in Iowa?
He only claimed Iowa residency, he fishes in Florida all the time and buys a non resident license.

He was given a citation for every deer he has shot going back a couple years.

Thought someone on here said statute of limitations ran out after one year on illegal deer?

He was given a citation for every deer he has shot going back a couple years.

Thought someone on here said statute of limitations ran out after one year on illegal deer?
Yes statue of limitations is one year but any deer he shot last year from November- this year November.

Not trying to stir anything but out of curiosity when it's April 15th does he file in Florida or Iowa? Hopefully in Iowa for his personal or any corporations he may own?

Top Bottom