Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

NE IOWA OUTFITTER BUSTED???

Tom Cooper

Drew a tag for Unit 9 and was getting a tire fixed in Waukon. The tire guy told me an outfitter in the area was arrested, jailed and DNR confiscated deer from a taxidermist and the meat from a freezer. My buddy put money down on a guy there and I'm wondering if this is same outfitter in Allamakee County. Anybody know anything about this?

He was renting out cabins to NR hunters and getting them WI over the counter tags. They came in and raided the place and a bunch of guys from out of state confessed this was their 6th year.

Northeast Iowa Outfitters located in Lansing, IA has some deer pictures on their website that also appear in real estate listings on whitetailproperties.com. The property listings have a Waukon, IA address which isn't too far away so maybe there's a connection? Hopefully this isn't the case because I hate to see people get taken advantage of!

The guy arrest in Allamakee County was Corey Fritzler, Northeast Iowa Outfitters (deerhuntsiniowa.com). His deer has been confiscated from a taxidermist in Lansing and Allamakee Conservation has a freezer full of evidence. Story up here is they are looking at a lot more than wildlife violations.

The guy arrest in Allamakee County was Corey Fritzler, Northeast Iowa Outfitters (deerhuntsiniowa.com). His deer has been confiscated from a taxidermist in Lansing and Allamakee Conservation has a freezer full of evidence. Story up here is they are looking at a lot more than wildlife violations.

sidebar.jpg

Big Florida realtor that brought his $ to Iowa.

I want to say there was a property for sale in northeast Iowa on whitetailproperties recently that had several harvest pictures with this guy in it.

• Deleted by Ishi
Show…
What charges is he facing? And would he even see more than a few days before he "buys" his way out of jail?

What ever the charges will be I'm sure will be much different than what he is convicted of. I've driven by the cabin many times and noticed all the out of state plates. Didn't ever know it was tied up with an outfitter. Speaking of outfitters. I would never ever book with an outfitter that does not live in the area or did not grow up in the area.

If you think he will see the inside of prison you are sadly mistaken. He might do a few months, but likely not. We are lucky to get 10 months in prison right now in Iowa for a 10 year sentence. Criminals have no fear right now of the laws in Iowa.

The game laws are no where near strict enough. (None are really) what bugs me is they don't put any details out to let people know when this crap happens. You can't hardly find any info til well after the fact maybe right in the local area. It should be shouted out and broadcast for anyone to hear along with a strong punishment. Everything else is that way. Lee Lakosky pled to something back in December that if you google comes up blank. Why?

There are a lot of rumors going around NE Iowa about Cory Fritzler. I've hunted with him from pretty much the start of NE Iowa Outfitters. I came to Iowa having the intentions of hunting public land but after being introduced to Cory by a local friend I decided to hunt with him.
He grew up in Iowa and has remaind a Iowa resident. But this fall he was arrested for hunting with a resident tag. Dnr say because he's in Florida for a few months out of the year he's not a resident.
He has all of the requirements of being a Iowa resident.
I can understand local people to the area being upset about a outfitter in the area but he's not like other outfitters pushing through 10-20 guys a week. More like 5-6 guys a year. You can't make it as a outfitter having 5-6 guys a year when you own hundreds of acres to pay taxes on. Them guys simply help pay for taxes and the money and time he invests in hanging stands and planting food plots.
He has done a good job managing his properties and creating a better whitetail habitat. I look forward to going back next year with my family to hopfully have my wife and dad harvest a mature deer. I'd recommend him as a outfitter to anyone that was looking for a affordable good quality hunt.

Top Bottom