Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

NE IOWA OUTFITTER BUSTED???

Paul, you are the one that came on here stirring the pot. If you know so much, show us proof that it was all a mistake or error.
Haven't been stirring the pot just stating the facts . Its amazing how the story grows with every pair of lips it passes through. The truth will be proven on the 17th.

Haven't been stirring the pot just stating the facts . Its amazing how the story grows with every pair of lips it passes through. The truth will be proven on the 17th.

Mr. Greenwald, at this point I consider you a feckless troll with nothing better to do than waste my time. Although I enjoy a good battle of wits I refuse to do battle with an unarmed person. Until you actually post something of substance with facts that would give me pause to reflect on the reality of this situation I will not respond further to your baseless posts.

Thank you for the entertainment, low hanging fruit as it was. I do wish you well in life. I look forward to hearing from you on May 18th. Perhaps you missed it because your mother yelled that your hot pockets were ready but I have yet to comment on Mr. Fritzler's guilt or innocence.

Sorry my mother passed away from cancer so she doesn't make me hot pockets anymore . also I haven't seen any substances of facts from anyone one here proving him guilty.

Crap!!! I got the trial date wrong :( I was thinking it was today...... man its two months away yet going to be a long wait now.

Sorry my mother passed away from cancer so she doesn't make me hot pockets anymore . also I haven't seen any substances of facts from anyone one here proving him guilty.

I feel you pain. My mother passed away from a massive stroke caused by a clot that came off of her repaired mitral valve. I sat with her for 5 days in Hospice before she died of dehydration. When she was in the ICU I stood at her bedside with my siblings gathered around and I asked her if she wanted to live like she was, dependent on a machine to breath and fluids to live. She shook her head "No." It was brutal. And by the way, my father died a few months earlier of mesenteric mesothelioma. It is my fervent hope that I can kill a turkey this year with the 16ga. Winchester pump that my father passed on to me.

I feel you pain. My mother passed away from a massive stroke caused by a clot that came off of her repaired mitral valve. I sat with her for 5 days in Hospice before she died of dehydration. When she was in the ICU I stood at her bedside with my siblings gathered around and I asked her if she wanted to live like she was, dependent on a machine to breath and fluids to live. She shook her head "No." It was brutal. And by the way, my father died a few months earlier of mesenteric mesothelioma. It is my fervent hope that I can kill a turkey this year with the 16ga. Winchester pump that my father passed on to me.

Has anyone ever had a run in with the dnr? Don't assume they are all great guys and don't go on witch hunts. Talk to people that have been checked by them and there are plenty of stories of them violating people's rights in their "pursuit of justice."

I have a lake cabin and the neighbor was a dnr guy. He bought a cabin off the lake with a shared access lot for about a dozen off lake lots to share. No docks allowed just day use. The guy wanted deeded lake access so he proposed an amendment to the association bylaws to make it deeded access, docks, shorestations, basically key hole access for a bunch of people that didn't pay for those rights. He approached me on my propert about the amendment and I politely told him I wasn't for amending the documents that we all bought the properties under. The guy got real upset and got in my face saying he doesn't have the money I have and it's not fair for my kids to be able to enjoy the lake when his kids can't (he didn't have kids at the time, but now does) because he has to pull his boat out at the end of the day and it's a pain... I offered to let the guy tie his boat up to our dock when he had family visiting and didn't want to monkey around. I thought that was pretty generous, but he was very upset because he wanted deeded lake access for free.

My neighbors indicated privately that they didn't want to sign the amendment and we should have a lake owners meeting. The guy got wind of the meeting and showed up uninvited to our meeting and dominated the dialogue. Long story short he went up and down the lake aggressively and most people signed it because they didn't want to make an enemy with the dnr and he was up there year round when most of us are weekenders.

I chose not to sign it and thought it was a complete abortion of basic property rights and intimidation shakedown. Low and behold I have dnr guys coming to my primary residence that fall 6 weeks after I shot a doe in a CWD zone, auditing my freezer, illegally going thru my phone pics and basically being bullies.

I don't know any of the facts, but I do know Cory wasn't popular with everyone in the area as a new outfitter in their backyard. I'm sure the dnr didn't stumble across him on some random check. My gut is they went there looking to find him guilty, OF SOMETHING. I don't know his travel schedule or his tax returns, but the guy owns a couple thousand acres (with money he earned in America) and spends a lot of time there working his property, etc. I believe that's what America was founded on; hard working people with dreams and I for one am a bit jealous of his success, or perceived success as I don't know the guy.

I don't know Cory or any of the facts, but I'm not sure I'm ready to condemn him even if the charges stick. At the surface it smells like witch hunt technicality charges.

I do reserve the right to change my opinion as we learn the facts. If he had nonresidents hunting there without proper licenses that would be just plain dumb.

Let's see how it plays out, but if he is found not guilty I think the state should reimburse him for his legal expenses.

Last edited:
Haha, no! I've read before that something like 90% of cases never make it into court. They agree to lesser charge, etc. just wondering what was going on.

I was hoping we would get some closure on this one way or the other tomorrow.

Copy and paste from Iowa Courts Online:

Event
Filed By Filed Create Date Last Updated Action Date
OTHER ORDER MUELLER BARRY S 05/10/2017 05/10/2017 05/10/2017
Comments: PRETRIAL CONFERENCE 05/31/2017 12:05 PM 0303.
MOTION FOR CONTINUANCE HOOK TREVER T 05/09/2017 05/09/2017 05/09/2017

The formatting didn't copy. I'm not sure what that all means but it looks to me like the defendants lawyer filed for a continuance on May 9th and it was granted by the judge on May 10th for a pretrial conference on May 31st.

If you want to see for yourself click the link below, then on the top of the page click on [Filings]
https://www.iowacourts.state.ia.us/ESAWebApp/TIndexFrm

Haven't heard anything about it, doesn't surprise me though. Seems like you hear about something like this once or twice a year. Not saying the person is guilty, just that when you hear stuff like this it typically doesn't end well for the accused.

Top Bottom