Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

NE Kansas?

dedgeez

death from above
Ok, for all of you guys that either live or hunt in Kansas I have some general questions for you. I am looking at traveling this fall to hunt a couple of new states and Kansas is my first choice. Here are my questions.

1. Land availability and access? I know about the walk in ground, but I am looking for private land. Are folks receptive to people knocking on doors and asking for permission?
2. Top areas? I am looking at NE Kansas!
3. Since your rut is a little later than ours usually I am thinking around Thanksgiving? opinions?

Any info that you guys have would be greatly appreciated. I am going to make a few phone calls this weeks to get the ball rolling. I would also be more than willing to trade for a NE Iowa hunt if someone is a serious hunter. I will not kill anything that is not mature and I take this very serious. I look at this as a chance to not only hunt a new area, but hopefully meet some good people. I will be traveling down this spring to scout and look for property, so a little guidance would be appreciated. Thanks in advance guys.

After listening to you quiz that guy from Kansas last week, this post doesn't come as a surprise. Good luck Scott!!!!

I live in KC and hunt NW Missouri (about 20 minutes from the MO River) and also hunt east-central KS. It really depends on where you go in NE KS....there is actually quite a bit of terrain/land variations depending on how far north, south, east and west you go. You either have the cedar/CRP up near the NE border, the river bottom hard woods near the MO River, the Flint Hills the further west you go, or a combo the futher south you go. Do you have an idea on where you're planning on hunting (county).

As for the rut....it usually happens for us right during MO's rifle season....Nov. 15th. We will usually start seeing a little rutting activity start the second week of November and up to Thanksgiving. Usually by Thanksgiving its pretty much done with (from my experiences anyway).

Top Bottom