Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Nebraska, South Dakota, and Finally Iowa pics

Pics of my Nebraska and South Dakota birds. Just filled 1 IA tag but don't have the pics off my sons camera yet.
A buddy and I hunted NE on Friday the 13th for a very short 1 day trip. A 36 yard shot stopped the tom within 10 feet or so. Luck was with me as I tagged the tom at 9:30 am.
Off to SD later that day. Again lady luck was smiling. On Saturday the 14th I shot my second bird of the year at 1pm that afternoon.
Iowa is starting out well for my son and I. I filled 1 tag the evening of the 19th. We called in a hen out of boredom and watched her peck the crap out of my stuffers head. When out of nowhere a tom comes charging in to a pretty boy I had set out. A 20 yard shot and a 20 foot tracking job resulted in a 25lb bird with a 10 3/4 beard and 1 inch spurs.
This is my son's first year using a bow for turkeys and we don't plan on giving up. He's taken many turkeys, but all with a shotgun. Just waiting on the weekend!

3767Nebraska001RS.jpg

3767SD_Merriam001RS-med.jpg

I've finally moved pics from our Iowa turkey hunt to my pc. It was a lot of fun watching the tom strut around pretty boy.
3767IA2007_RS.jpg

Re: Nebraska and South Dakota Birds

WOW! all with a bow? Cool,I might try with a bow during 4th. Never got one with a bow I bet its a rush!

Re: Nebraska and South Dakota Birds

[ QUOTE ]
WOW! all with a bow? Cool,I might try with a bow during 4th. Never got one with a bow I bet its a rush!

[/ QUOTE ]

You can use a bow all 4 seasons in Iowa... but then again.. idk if ull be hunting in Iowa or somewhere else!

Top Bottom