Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

New bedding tactic

Wi transplant

PMA Member
Just wondering your thoughts on this new bedding idea i had. I cleaned out about 1.5 to 2 acres in between some cedars on a knob on the south end of my farm . bush hogged everything down and sprayed with heavy dose of gly. Gonna rough till to expose ground in late fall then frost seed switch in this area ! The area is mostly surounded buy cedars and approx 100 yrds from my clover plot . hoping to get some bedding on this hill! Grass and shrubs were fairly short and not much usage on this hill previously. What ya think ?
7f53bc401ef351984a172e5d4f10368f.jpg
e84be209f5e21978eac6bd20d4d9aabd.jpg
0028bd1fa9dd91a773078fa0cf4f1b74.jpg

Sent from my RS501 using Tapatalk

I think in 2-3 years you'll be super happy with results! Deer love those types of areas!

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Are you planning on maintaining your switchgrass by the book or just let nature takes its course? Have any area I will be transforming next fall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Main thing IMO to keep in mind is to keep expectations low for first couple years. Won't appear like there is much there then third year you normally have the typical SG look.

Do you plan on burning that switch down the road? Deer love mixed areas of trees (esp evergreens/cedars) and natives, but to keep the natives going strong and brome knocked back fire is your best friend... trees don't like that so much

Probaly limited to spot spraying and hand cutting some invassives but not gonna burn this area . i know natural succsession. Will eventually take over but thats ok i figure i can hold it back for a few years !!

Sent from my RS501 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom