Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

New Binoculars

bowhuntr311

IowaWhitetail Addict
Anyone want suggest what set of hunting binos they wear.

Im looking for a set of either 8x36/10x36. A little higher end stuff, like in the $200-$300 range. Im looking for a pair to carry while I hunt and just a good pair to use.

Im sick of buying $30pairs and having to refocus them every time I use them.

I have been looking at the Leopolds and the Nikons but just havent really found a set that stands out?

Dean

I have to admit that I'm kind of an optics freak.

Take a hard look at the Minox (German made) line of Binos. They are a great value with excellent optics and are a sister company to/by Lecia.

The "IF" series are excellent for bow hunters with a focus once for each eye piece and your done when looking both near and far. We all know how quickly things can happen deer hunting...

Take a look at this link which is for the 9.5X42. A few months ago Doug had the 6.5Xs on special for some ridiculous low price. You may want to give him a call and inquire about the 6.5s as I don't see them list. He is a wealth of knowledge and one heck of a nice guy on top of it. I'm still kicking myself for not picking up a pair of the 6.5s.

Doug has a no BS return policy. If you dont't like them send them back. Not sure which you wan't, order a couple and return which ever you don't want. You will not find better service any where.

http://www.cameralandny.com/optics/minox.pl?page=62136

There are many good ones out there. I love my leupold windriver olympic 8x42 and the nikon monarchs are a good choice as well.

I just went through this same thing and wound up getting a set of the Leupold camo Wind River 8x42's. Love them. I paid just over $300 for them but if I remember right, they were recently featured in the bargain cave at Cabela's for less. Don't know if they're still there or not.

I've got a pair of Eagle Optics Ranger 10X42 that I found at a bird enthusiast's store. They are a sister company to Vortex optics. Unconditonal lifetime warranty and real sharp optics. I've only had them for two seasons, but so far so good. Check out a bird watching store if you can find one. Those people are serious about their binos.

Maybe so, but I won't have to spend another dime on binos for 25 years(thats how long they are guaranteed). How much you gonna spend on your bow in that time? /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

I bought some $75 bushnell's a few years back. They didn't survive 3 months in the woods with me. Took em back to Cabela's and put the credit towards the Nikons.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: muddy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nikon Monarch ATB 8x42, great binos at a good price.</div></div>

Same here. Spent a lot more than this on cheap binoc over the years.

wow a 25 year guarantee is awesome. you cant beat that. now with my bow,ive been bowhunting 3 years. ive had the bow 4 years. bought it used. updated to a whisker biscuit last year. ive shot 3 arrows out of it the last two years. havent missed a deer yet. knock on wood. i think i have 230 dollars wrapped up in it total. including a dozen arrows and a luminok. its called a p.s.e lightning strike i believe.junk. id love to have a switchback or something awesome like that but i work with what i can afford. it shoots straight "kinda loud" but it will make its mark on a deer at 30-40 yards. thats all that counts right? i havent had a shot at a big wall-hanger buck yet but ive passed several decent bucks. just waiting on a big one. hopefully i can get lucky and have a run-in with one around christmas. not gonna be easy though

I have the Minox 10x42 and love them. Very clear and real good light gathering. Purchased in 2002 for 440.00

I've got the Leupold Wind River 10x42's. I've had them about 6 yrs now and love them. Never had any issues with them.

Leupold Wind River Cascade 10x42. Best binoculars I have ever owned. Compared them to the Nikon Monarch's at cabela's looking at the eye chart and could read the letters better with them so I got them. Limited lifetime warranty and a price of $300 it was a pretty good investment.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: muddy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nikon Monarch ATB 8x42, great binos at a good price. </div></div>

this is what i have used for several years as well....
but
id say buy the nicest ones you can afford, lots of great brands out there, but the more you spend the higher quality you will have!

I have the Barska? 10 x 42... They were really reasonable and I love em!! I think I got them for around 100 bucks!! Not the high dollar ones like a lot of them I have seen, but I think the quality is great! They are as good as most of the others I have looked through!

You can beat a 25 year guarantee. Its call Leica... Life time, but that a whole nother level.

Call Doug at Camerland, tell him you want a pair of what every you decide and a pair of Minox. I already know which pair you'll be returning. : )

Ask your same question here under the "hunting optics" section. http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php These guys live and breath this stuff. You'll also get a taste for the service provided at C-Land.

Don't know about everyone else, but I use my binos a lot more hours/year that my bow and firearms combined. Nice for vacations too. Get the best you can afford is great advise.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tlambert</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've got the Leupold Wind River 10x42's. I've had them about 6 yrs now and love them. Never had any issues with them. </div></div>

I've had mine for about 4 years and had one plastic eyecup slip out. I sent it in and they gave me a whole new pair and no charge and no questions asked. Great binos great customer service and I beleive they have a lifetime guarantee.

Check the bargain cave at Cabelas. I found a pair of Swarovski's, and I was able to talk them down to half price.

I was really impress with both Cabela's and Bass Pro Shop's brand name Binocs. Both in the 80 to 100 range 8X32. I don't feel like I can hold 10X32 Steady.

Top Bottom