Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

New Hunting Product

ElkHunter

Life Member
You can look it over and decide for yourself. I have no comment.
crazy.gif
smirk.gif
This was emailed to me.

I’m sure that you have heard about the tragic killings in Wisconsin during the gun deer season. There’s a product that I and my group use that has eliminated that problem of others taking our stands that you can see at www.standkeeper.com. It’s a small company making Standkeepers, but they have done right by us and because this tragedy was almost in my back yard, I feel it’s necessary to spread the word before something like this happens again. If you think it’s beneficial to your members, pass it on.

I'll comment on this. 1st-The hint of promoting this product over the shadow of the WI tragity is pathetic and shallow.
2nd- Im a firm believer that deer walk past my stand not aware that anything is wrong. If they knew anything about my presence they wouldnt be thier. Thats the point of hunting, not trying to "trick" a whitetail. I believe that this product is another gimmick in the whitetail woods.

Can't buy a big buck in my opinion

Seems like all it would do is point out all of your honey holes to would be trespassers...saves them the time having to look for your stand to steal
crazy.gif

1st off, that is a quote from the website and not from elkhunter. Second of all I am going foward with my fart silencer and scentblocker underware. Hell, make it camo and it will sell...... What a joke!

If you use hang-on stands... buy a bike lock, you can buy ones that are rubber coated, thus they make no noise. When you leave your stand, fold the platform up against the tree and loop the bike lock through the platform and around the tree, keeping people from being able to fold the platform down to stand on it. Also makes it pretty hard to steal your stand.

Or, do what I've started to do this year. I bought a Lone Wolf and set up several locations with the J-hook. Then I just take the stand in with me every time. It's pretty hard for someone to sit in your stand or steal it if the stand isn't really there.

just my 2cents. really hope they don't use the wisconsin tragedy as a sales pitch.

the sales pitch is kinda a joke.
but i have thought about this before, that is having something that makes it difficult to tell if your stand or if its safe. And about the comment about not wanting to trick deer. isnt that kind of the point, to sit in ambush? id say thats a little tricky. i wont be buying one, but whatever floats your boat i guess. i like hunting the ground anyway.

I have used something similiar at one of my old hunting spots. That particular area was popular with road hunters. I got the idea of placing those cheap blaze orange vests in several different spots around the upper 40 acres that was visible from the road. I actually think it deterred some from shooting from the road onto that property.

This isn't a new idea .I've seen this before years ago. The older ones are alot better. A fool and his money are easily parted. (Is that how the old saying goes) Not getting my money.

Top Bottom