Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

New sight

sep0667

Land of the Whitetail
IQ bowsite or trophy ridge react?

Which one and why?

Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've seen so many broken and disfuntional TrophyRidge sights in my sbop that I d0n't stock them any longer.
IQ however seems to be a good sight - that would be the direction I would point you in given only those 2 to chose from.

I have a react and love it. The system used is easy to set up and very accurate. My one complaint is all the plastic. If you are not careful the adjustment screws will strip out making the sight useless. Ive tried the IQ and didn't like it (personal preference). React gets my vote out of the two listed.

I've seen so many broken and disfuntional TrophyRidge sights in my sbop that I d0n't stock them any longer.
IQ however seems to be a good sight - that would be the direction I would point you in given only those 2 to chose from.

Thanks for the reviews. Boyd, I am surprised. I posted this on the facebook page bowhunters of iowa and a lot of people were fans of the react and it seems to get good reviews most of the time in places I looked. What would you recommend? I am looking for a good sight for both hunting and 3d shoots. Leaning towards a 5 pin. One thing I have thought of is getting some .010 pins for the bottom two to help with long shots and not having so much pin cover the target up. .019 for the others. 20, 30, 40, 50, 60 yard pins Is what I have in mind. I can shoot pretty well out to 50 right now with my .019's, but a smaller pin at the distance would be helpful I think.

Thanks for the reviews. Boyd, I am surprised. I posted this on the facebook page bowhunters of iowa and a lot of people were fans of the react and it seems to get good reviews most of the time in places I looked. What would you recommend? I am looking for a good sight for both hunting and 3d shoots. Leaning towards a 5 pin. One thing I have thought of is getting some .010 pins for the bottom two to help with long shots and not having so much pin cover the target up. .019 for the others. 20, 30, 40, 50, 60 yard pins Is what I have in mind. I can shoot pretty well out to 50 right now with my .019's, but a smaller pin at the distance would be helpful I think.

Click on my link below and give me a call - too much to discuss on here to answer all that.
.10 is ok for target use but you will regret having it that small someday in a hunting situation.

There are much better options available than the react and usually at lower prices - too much plastic and too much to go wrong with most the trophy ridge stuff.
Have seem more broken and non-functional ones of them in the last few years than all other sights added together.

Click on my link below and give me a call - too much to discuss on here to answer all that.
.10 is ok for target use but you will regret having it that small someday in a hunting situation.

There are much better options available than the react and usually at lower prices - too much plastic and too much to go wrong with most the trophy ridge stuff.
Have seem more broken and non-functional ones of them in the last few years than all other sights added together.
Agreed! When you get older you need big pins:)

If you want quality I’d look into Axcel sights. I have the Axcel Armortech 5 pin and love it.

I really like the Black Gold sight lineup - brightest pins I've found without using a light.

The Garmin Xero is really awesome if budget is not an option :)

I love my black gold sight. The pins are brightest I’ve seen and the sight is tough. I slipped and fell on some ice on the way back to my truck one night and landed on my bow and the sight took the brunt of my fall. Shot it next day and didn’t even move. I have the Ascent 3 pin, keep it at 20, 30, and 40 yard pins and have the ability to shoot from 40-100 yards when I practice with the turn of a dial.

Another Black Gold fan here. After having some other brands break over the years I bought a black gold 15 hears ago because it looked simple and tough. It is both and I have had no issues even out west elk hunting 4 times. Once they came out with the version with the fiber coiled on the top for more light gathering I could not imagine trying a different brand. I am sure there are other great brands but I'm not willing to take a chance when I know Black Gold will be reliable and bright ever time I need it to be.

I've used the IQ for several years now and like it, no issues with the sight, just my brain sometimes.....

I got the Black Gold Ascent Verdict 3 pin. As soon as I took it out of the package and held it I knew why so many people gave reviews saying it is extremely durable and tough. There is hardly any plastic on it, other than the photo chromatic cover over the pin coils, there may not be any. Very durable solid sight, seems extremely durable.

I got the 20, 30, and 40 yard pin set up last evening. Next step is to get the correct sight tape set up to be able to use the bottom pin as a slider. I'm excited to get that figured out and try some long shots at 60, 70, 80 yards. The pins were definitely brighter than my old sight so very happy with that. Plus this site just looks cool!

Top Bottom