Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

New to Iowa

IsThisHeaven?

So I am new to the state. I moved here to the Des Moines area for a job. I am really excited to hunt turkeys this spring and deer in the fall. I used to live in Minnesota and I owned land there. I enjoy land management as much as hunting. If there are any farmers or landowners in the area who would like some help cutting wood, clearing trails, with food plots, etc. I would like to help out. Just to be clear, I am not looking for a place to hunt. I am just looking for a place to put in some work and talk hunting. I don't know many people in the area, and no one who hunts in the area. I have a chainsaw, brushcutter, and backpack sprayer that I can bring along to use, or just my 2 hands. I know its xmas and we just got a foot of snow, but I already have cabin fever. I didn't get to do to much whitetail hunting last year because of our move to Des Moines. Thanks for your time.

Matt

The landowner of the land I hunt on is wanting to clear some trails for his sons to use their four wheelers they are getting for Christmas. I'm sure he'd take as much help as possible come spring. PM me if you'd be interested. His land is right by Don Williams Park in Boone County.

So I am new to the state. I moved here to the Des Moines area for a job. I am really excited to hunt turkeys this spring and deer in the fall. I used to live in Minnesota and I owned land there. I enjoy land management as much as hunting. If there are any farmers or landowners in the area who would like some help cutting wood, clearing trails, with food plots, etc. I would like to help out. Just to be clear, I am not looking for a place to hunt. I am just looking for a place to put in some work and talk hunting. I don't know many people in the area, and no one who hunts in the area. I have a chainsaw, brushcutter, and backpack sprayer that I can bring along to use, or just my 2 hands. I know its xmas and we just got a foot of snow, but I already have cabin fever. I didn't get to do to much whitetail hunting last year because of our move to Des Moines. Thanks for your time.

Matt

Matt; if you are willing to help clear trails..help w. Food plots, etc. I'll work out a turkey hunt on my farm 30 min from Des Moines

I honestly can't believe how many turkeys I have on my farm! I bet I saw 75 during deer season.

I'm from MN

Matt

Matt,
From your post, in my opinion, your future is looking BRIGHT. Unfortunately, I'm not in the DSM area.

Welcome to Iowa and enjoy.

Wish you were closer to me I got all kinds of trees to plant that I would trade for turkey huntin!

Last edited:
I agree with Randy, with the attitude you are expressing, you will foster some strong relationships with rural Iowans in due time. Good luck.

Matt,
From your post, in my opinion, your future is looking BRIGHT. Unfortunately, I'm not in the DSM area.

Welcome to Iowa and enjoy.

I couldn't agree more. I also am not in the Des Moines area and also have a lot of this type of work that I need help with. Unfortunately the people that want to hunt out number the people that want or do help.

Welcome to Iowa. :way:

Thank you for the welcome. I'm fortunate to be a part of, and have the opportunity to, hunt in Iowa now. I just want to do my part to make sure it stays as great as it is.

Top Bottom