Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

New world starting today!!

The sky is falling! The sky is falling!
Wow...you know any history? It can happen here...keep ignoring the signs & the words out of their mouth. The left wants nothing more than full control of you & your life. 1932-33, Stalin, Holodomors Death Toll, 3.9 million dead. That's what happens when the Gov't is one party rule & gets involved with land.

My history is fine but I'm also level headed. I have faith in our constitution, in our military, in our high level of gun ownership, and many (not all) of our politicians. I don't think things like that can never happen because they clearly do. I just don't think they will here and now. But I will continue to do what I can to prevent them without going off the rails in the opposite direction of the people I disagree with. So do I think anyone's coming for my guns or land? No. Will I fight for my rights if they do? Yes. Does any of this mean I like most of Biden's policies? No.

We have had many democratic administrations and congresses without our country or freedom coming to an end and we will make it through this one too. In two years we can flip the senate back to republican again as long as we don't run off more voters.

My history is fine but I'm also level headed. I have faith in our constitution, in our military, in our high level of gun ownership, and many (not all) of our politicians. I don't think things like that can never happen because they clearly do. I just don't think they will here and now. But I will continue to do what I can to prevent them without going off the rails in the opposite direction of the people I disagree with. So do I think anyone's coming for my guns or land? No. Will I fight for my rights if they do? Yes. Does any of this mean I like most of Biden's policies? No.

We have had many democratic administrations and congresses without our country or freedom coming to an end and we will make it through this one too. In two years we can flip the senate back to republican again as long as we don't run off more voters.
Voters aren’t being run off. Democratic ones are being conveniently added fraudulently when needed.

All points stated are pretty fair & either “side” of guys reading this- my gut says u all “get it” & will make it through “whatever” as u are go getters & folks that know how to “survive”.
yes - I get it too.... we will hear lots of theories or predictions and no one knows what will happen. Why those of faith + strong minds likely will be just fine.

IMO- this is not far fetched..... our spiral down will come from “within” with lots of influence from our enemies (China, Middle East, etc, etc.). “Anything” from within or abroad to break down our culture, borders, currency, democratic system & economy. Crippling ourselves financially would be my #1 concern & “guess” before a war or major chaos. It’s broken as many counties as defeat in war has in last 50 years. For example: “conspiracy theory” (with evidence).... China wants to cripple us & western world - they “create or release Covid”. Possible? U bet. Costs the us- $5-10 trillion when it’s said & done (spending + all businesses losing fortune or gone) Maybe they did it while Trump was in office before election because he’s cost that country dearly. THIS is the new type of war - Covid type things & financial wars. IMO. & yes, say this as we all know 20th century was the deadliest century in all of mankind - sure wasnt that long ago!!! Our grandparents saw 60 million wiped out in less than 5 years.

Sit here & “worry” ?? NOPE!!!!! Do nothing though?? NOPE!!!! Have the worst case in back of head? YEP. & do what?? .... well, hyperinflation is the key if this happens. All the chaos that’s happened in nations (Soviet Union for example) ..... ability to defend self, land & provide are the key. Land that GROWS & can feed your family & u can live on is probably the best worldly possession for a worst case. Clearly we can go down the “prepper” route and know that world. Which- IMO - isn’t that whacky as some might think. But having land is pry as solid as it comes. VS - stocks, cash, gold or WHATEVER.
I think this topic is “positive” here in a way and tastefully expressed. If my friends ask me “what would u do if things got bad” - I’d tell my friends - buy land & use $ to be prepared for tough times. Learn variety of skills (fix things, grow things, hunt, etc) Be ready for at least a difficult period. I personally think it’s coming. Want my friends & family to be ready. Maybe it’s being conservative in business. Less debt, whatever. I hope nothing happens & maybe nothing will. But- storms likely ahead, those doing nothing would be foolish. Those dependent & full faith in government will be 1st to get hurt badly. Glad I’m not living in crammed big city & dependent on gov for survival and happiness. & I’m truly thankful to be in IOWA (free, fertile & lots of opportunity) vs some crap hole like detroit, LA, Chicago, NYC, etc.

"Glad I’m not living in crammed big city & dependent on gov for survival and happiness. & I’m truly thankful to be in IOWA (free, fertile & lots of opportunity) vs some crap hole like detroit, LA, Chicago, NYC, etc."

You can say that again.

Laugh at me all you want...but years ago when my boys were small I felt like it was important to make sure that they could raise a garden, skin a deer, trap fur, catch and clean fish, shoot a bow and a gun, build things with their own hands, etc, etc. Of course it didn't hurt that I liked to do those things too...but if things ever got cray cray, I felt like they at least had a chance of securing their own food and surviving if things really went south.

It seemed sort of crazy to think about those things as possibilities back then...but not so much now.

Are things screwed up today politically, yes. Do I have concerns about debt levels throughout the world and the long term impacts to currencies and financial stability, yes. Is the wealth gap in this country getting bigger and leading to more social unrest, Big Yes. Do I think that the world was a scarier place in the late 30s - early 40s when my father enlisted to fly in the US Navy - YES. I try to look everyday at the photos of him with his Naval Air mates in front of the bi-plane that was the first plant he ever piloted or the giant HellDiver dive bomber that he fly on and off air craft carriers hoping that prop would keep that heavy beast out of the water. Its a reminder to me that while things may seem out of control at times, our country has survived numerous periods of wars, internal social unrest, and political conflicts. I say this not to minimize any concerns expressed in the previous posts, many of you have expressed the same concerns I share about the current shitshow . I only say this to put the current situation into historical perspective.

I think the best thing we can do as adults is speak to our kids honestly about what we see going on in the country but in a way that doesn't take away their hope in the future. They deserve a chance to have dreams for their own future. Encourage them to pay attention and to think for themselves.

Last edited:
Are things screwed up today politically, yes. Do I have concerns about debt levels throughout the world and the long term impacts to currencies and financial stability, yes. Do I think that the world was a scarier place in the late 30s - early 40s when my father enlisted to fly in the US Navy - YES. I try to look everyday at the photos of him with his Naval Air mates in front of the bi-plane that was the first plant he ever piloted or the giant HellDiver dive bomber that he fly on and off air craft carriers hoping that prop would keep that heavy beast out of the water. Its a reminder to me that while things may seem out of control at times, our country has survived numerous periods of wars, internal social unrest, and political conflicts. I say this not to minimize any concerns expressed in the previous posts, many of you have expressed the same concerns I share about the current shitshow . I only say this to put the current situation into historical perspective.

I think the best thing we can do as adults is speak to our kids honestly about what we see going on in the country but in a way that doesn't take away their hope in the future. They deserve a chance to have dreams for their own future. Encourage them to pay attention and to think for themselves.
Well said. And probably much more constructive than my "sky is falling" remark. I was less than eloquent in that one.

I think the world was scarier during the times of war, but never been so divided due to social media. It’s not right to censor Conservatives and it is a bad sign for our country.

Top Bottom