Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Next Year's Plots.............

LarryM

Never too early to start thinking ahead to next year. What are some of your favorite plot types? I have some space and would like some ideas for early season attractants. Anything offbeat that you'd like to share too?
Thanks.

Depends on the goals. If it's nutrition OR if it's pulling them in a certain time. For EXAMPLE, I'd say if I wanted the plot with biggest draw in Nov- I think my #1 choice would be turnips & radishes followed by a few other things like alfalfa, corn, etc BUT that's my #1. If it's NUTRITION, I like greens like alfalfa and clover for early spring through summer AND I like beans & corn to help through winter. I also like beans best for late season if I had to pick a #1. Gotta weigh out cost, acreage available, having enough variety, etc. Ton more I could write and you already know. Tons of knowledge & learning to be looked at and variables to consider. Best scenario is having a lot of acres so you can do a large supply of a BUFFET of plots.

The way my plots look now, difficult to think about next spring. I hope my young trees make it to next spring! Some say next year will be a dust bowl midwest. Way my land looks,,it has started now!

Top Bottom