Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

No hands buck

moosehunter

PMA Member
After checking the wind situation and receiving reports of deer sightings from the land owner I decided that a stand I have on a field edge would not work so I headed to a corner with some cover and sat on the ground.
727-20151017_170338.jpg

Within a half hour I had some does come out and start feeding and soon after four bucks. Soon after that two larger bucks were out but at 300 yards I didn't like that distance. Not long after that I was watching a very nice up and comer 8 was at 100 yards when I noticed a slight wind switch that was not in my favor. Soon after the 8 blew out of there. I've hunted this field before and knew the deer a lot of times would work their way to the far end then towards sunset they would move towards the top of the hill then back west (towards me now). So as daylight was fading I kept an eye on the hilltop to my south and as luck would have it a decent buck came into view at 140 yards. I glassed him for a few minutes trying to decide if I should or shouldn't and finally convinced myself he was a good enough 10 point. I take some pride in my accuracy with a ML and was disappointed with myself when I felled the buck with a spine shot. I knew when I touched it off it was not a good shot but I guess he did not go anywhere.
727-20151017_201852.jpg

With my health situation right now I was under orders from my doctor that I could go hunting but he did not want me handling any deer if I got one, so I called my nephew and he came out to field dress the deer and load it up for me. Now it is on to see if I can find one to walk in front of me with bow in hand.

Top Bottom