Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Not as big as OneCam's, but not to shabby.

Critter

Life Member
Had a great afternoon hunt, except for the rain. Sometimes persistance pays off.
yay.gif

CRITR

Attachments

• 33950-deer03 013.jpg
    33950-deer03 013.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 69
Super buck!!1Way to go!I'm going out for the first time tomarrow afternoon.Where did you get him,what I mean is was he in the timber or in the field's?
beerchug.gif

Got out in my stand behind my house about quarter after four. I was hoping the deer were moving around a little early on account of the front moving in. As soon as I got settled two does came in on the other side of my shooting lanes and headed for the oaks. Those two does ate acorns for about and hour and a half! My intentions for the evening were to shoot a doe for a buddy of mine, and then stay out of the area for about a week and a half. The does were supposed to come off the oaks and head for an alfalfa field where a bunch of other does were. Didn't happen, they were totally content where they were at. About six or so three does snuck in from the opposite and were under my tree before I even knew they were there. It always amaze's me how deer, have the ability sneek in on someone who's sole purpose is to spot them before they spot you. Go figure. Anyway, they busted me trying to get my bow off the hook and hauled a$$ to the next county. They never made any verbal warning, just ran, which is probably the only reason I'm writing this. I watched them run off, turned my head and saw a doe hop the fence pretty hastily. Right behind her were two bucks, the first was the one I shot. He came in behind the doe stopped and turned broadside at 18 yards. Unfortunately I guesstimated 25 and hit him a little high. Dropped him in his tracks. The other buck and doe stood there for another two or three minutes before they trotted off. I shot the buck again through the vitals, calmed myself for a few minutes and then got down. Funny how sometimes when you least expect to see a buck, they show up. Yesterday afternoon going out, I never would have guessed I'd be dragging him out instead of a doe.
CRITR

Top Bottom