Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

November 13th success

deerhunter93

It has been a pretty good year for me as far as seeing deer and some nice bucks. I was able to shoot two does in October and was pretty patient on going after bucks until the end of October and into November.

November 13th I climbed into a tree on top of a big main ridge with multiple ridges connecting it. It was super cold that morning but it wasn't 30 minutes and I saw a small buck coming towards me off the hillside. He went past me and not long later I heard something in the direction that smaller buck ended up going. I kept watching and eventually could see a nice 8 point following doe below me. While watching them I could see another deer in the distance and pulled the binos up to see another nice 8 point trailing a different doe. Just a few minutes went by and a nice busted up 3.5 year old 10 point comes off the big ridge paralleling me and heads towards the second 8 and doe. They fight for no more than 3 seconds and the 3.5 year old broken 10 comes up and hits the main trail on top of the ridge I'm on.

A few smaller bucks start coming into the area and I'm just waiting to see a giant in there with all of the commotion and potentially two hot does in the same area. The broken 10 comes in and beds down at 30 yards facing me. After 10 minutes he decides he doesn't like the blob in the tree and heads southwest. Not two minutes later he comes back up onto the main ridge 100 yards south of me with a bigger buck behind him. I get the binos up and can see the bigger one might be a shooter. Two does then come up out of the bottom where the bigger buck came from and head on the trail that comes past me at 20 yards. The bigger buck turns and heads my way to get back to those two does. I literally told myself that I had to decide quick if he was a shooter or not because I knew he was coming to those two does. I go back and forth and decide no. He walks the trail 20 yards from me and I change my mind but he bumps one of the does and chases her northwest of me.

Bummed that I messed up I knew if he came back I wasn't going to give him another chance. When he bumped the one doe the second ran 10 yards east of my stand and a small buck came to investigate. That commotion caused the big one to turn and head right towards them. He came down a trail at 13 yards and was locked on that doe so much that I could have done jumping jacks in the tree and he wouldn't have known. A well placed arrow and he tipped over 100 yards later.

It was one of the most fun hunts I have ever been on and capping it off with this old warrior was icing on the top. I'll eventually put the tape on him for the contest but I'm more interested in sending the teeth in to get aged than the score these days.

Good luck to everyone still hunting. I'm starting to like the later part of November more and more.
963bf32b9b0b24d3263cc20082ac5c94.jpg
30394964b9a4f3721990252b56d88541.jpg
e1c171d5d96b71ff788e90bfe3d636dc.jpg
0587e948e9ec77234a7bf4dbb9c3636c.jpg

Great buck Drew. We oughta catch up one of these days. You can fill me in on how to get it done!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Well done son. Sorry I wasnt able to help with the retrieval and thanks for the assist on the retrieval of my bucks.

Top Bottom