Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

November movement

Doe at daybreak, doe-fawn an hr later. Then two 2 yr old bucks moving through searching. Interior timber bedding area.

Sat until 11 this morning. Saw 7, 3 small bucks. One chasing around 2 cruising. 6:15, 8:00 & 9:30 were the buck sightings.

Checked a camera on the way out on other side of farm. Had a shooter we hadn't seen since velvet (Aug) go through this morning at 9:50am. Shoulda, woulda, coulda been there...

I got about half way to my stand. I look up we made eye contact. A 3 year old ten point. Looked good this year. Next year if he puts on some mass and height he ll be about 140-150. As a 4 year old. Awesome action so far.

Slow morning for me as well. One lone fawn while in the tree. Got down around 1030 and seen one of the target bucks following a doe up a creek. Wind was good so I made a big loop to get to the end of the creek and try to cut them off. When I got to where I wanted to be I spotted the buck bedded with the doe at 80 yards. I watched for a while then decided I might be able to get close enough for a shot using the terrain. I got to about 40 yards and kicked up 2 small bucks that I didn't realize were there. The buck and doe stood up and high tailed it out of there with the two small bucks. Pry should have just waited them out at 80 and seen what happened.

Figured it was a nice day so decided to sit all day and enjoy the southern airflow. Small buck moving at 12:30. First movement since 9:00.

Different farm - first sit of the season.

Does - 3
Bucks - 4 (two 2 yr olds, one 3 yr old and a dink)

All sightings in timber bedding area around 9:15 - 9:45.

Been sitting all day. Saw 2 fawns early & no deer since. Missed a bobcat at 30yds. He came through with a squirrel in his mouth. Squirrel is now laying next to my arrow.. Maybe he will come back for it!

Been sitting all day. Saw 2 fawns early & no deer since. Missed a bobcat at 30yds. He came through with a squirrel in his mouth. Squirrel is now laying next to my arrow.. Maybe he will come back for it!

If your in iowa I'd suggest waiting for the season to open to kill a bobcat. The DNR might issue you a fine instead of a cities tag.. November 7th swing away!

Pry would edit you "shooting" at a Bobcat ;)

Nov 7th pal....

Last edited:
Top Bottom