Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

November movement

Sounds like you're either on them or you're way off. Tonight was rocking in NEIA

Still nothing mature but after the rain went through was like a switch flipped and every 2-3yr was on a Doe! Still nothing mature but I will take action over nothing, which was the case last night and only one 2yr this morning.

Good luck today. Ss much as I wanted to call in sick today, I didn't. I will be in the woods come 2:45

First light today had 2 doe close but spooked by coyote. Spike near and then 6 an 8 in a little skirmish at 50 yards. A different 8 cruised by at 7:50. Nothing big yet.

Last edited:
Only deer so far this morning was a mature 8 pt. He came nit long after i rattled. I would have shot but there was no stopping him once he cleared cover.

3 more bucks so far this morning, each a little larger. Last was mature typical 10 with split G3. If he were at 20 rather than 70, I might be getting ready to track him.

Short but good morning for me before work. Saw 4 bucks and a handful of does. Bucks were either searching for or chasing does. Oldest buck was probably 3.5. Hoping to get out of work early and hit the woods again.

Sitting all day in south central Iowa! It has been real slow! Hoping it will heat up very soon. Good Luck!

Been watching the fields to and from work this week. Deer on some cut corn and bean fields, and a couple dead on the shoulder. Last night I stopped a buck (probably 125-130" frame, too dark to age him) from crossing the road behind what I assume was a doe. Last week I saw a buck pestering a group of 3 deer in cut beans and another bigger buck walking thru the same field.

Hunting a stand tonight that I haven't touched all year. I'm in between a river bottom a doe bedding area and a Corn field.

Seen 2 does and a 2 year old buck just giving it hell. Lol

I've seen 15 plus deer I've really lost track. I passed on a 110-120 inch 8 point at maybe 5 yards. It's been a action packed evening.

Deer here have been in the open. Almost all does have a buck somewhere close. After work I drove around for the last 45 minutes and saw at least 5 deer around 150 or bigger .

Saw probably 6 does and 4 different bucks this morning. Rattled 3 of the 4 bucks in. All in the AM. Does were out with a buck in the group around 7:30 but didn't see another buck until around 8:30, then they just got a bit bigger as they came through. Last buck came through around 10. I think the moon phase has them moving later in the morning and then moving after dark a bit so evenings haven't been the greatest. Ill probably sit as long as possible in the AM.

Missed my #2 List buck tonight shoulda just walked out after my pull rope broke when pulling bow up at 100pm today missed him at 30yards he was locked on decoy

More morning action today with a couple 2 yo bucks & a yearling that thought he was a 5yo. LOL! Only activity this aft was a BUNCH of squirrels chasing each other in circles.

Saw probably 6 does and 4 different bucks this morning. Rattled 3 of the 4 bucks in. All in the AM. Does were out with a buck in the group around 7:30 but didn't see another buck until around 8:30, then they just got a bit bigger as they came through. Last buck came through around 10. I think the moon phase has them moving later in the morning and then moving after dark a bit so evenings haven't been the greatest. Ill probably sit as long as possible in the AM.

Hit or miss it seems. Tonight was probably 1 of the best hunts of my life saw 4 bucks all 140+, one isn't a true shooter was mature and I would have shot but no opportunity. Tonight was the first night where they always say it takes one hot doe. In my case there was 2 and I saw over 12 bucks in a 30 minute span along with a knockout drag out fight. Unbelievable hunt FINALLY, after all the slowness with the warm temps. Still waiting on a no doubt shooter.

Top Bottom