Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

November movement

Some people are having good action in the morning. And others in the evenings. For me it's been evenings.

Anyone have any theories on why it's like that??

Different for me. 2 - all day hunts (7:30 to sunset anyway) both being the two worst hunts of my life. For this being November and only seeing 2 deer in 2 days it's still baffling me. Was having wayyyyyyy better action in mid October. Like someone else was saying, I also noticed many bucks locked on does in wide open fields over these last couple days so I can only attribute it to that, the does are getting chased off their normal spots and the bucks have been locked. Sent from my iPhone using IW

Last edited:
Doe and her fawn swam across the creek at 5. 25 turkeys. 6 squirrels. Slow in the deer movement area

Its a new day, keep after it guys it only takes that one cruiser or hot doe to completely change your season. If youre not in a tree this morning I feel bad, should be rockin!

Got to camp at midnight after a wedding last night. Up at 4 for lots of coffee. Sitting in a ground blind so I don't fall asleep in the tree. November 7th!!! Probably one of the most consistent days historically. Can't wait. Turkey fest thus far.

Saw 10 does all together yesterday evening. No bucks until 5:00 a mature 8 came out, disregarded my buck and doe decoy, and wouldn't respond to grunts or bleats. He worked a scrape and fed in alfalfa field until dark.

Anyone else having luck with decoys? He just didn't seem like he was in rut mode yet.
This is in Jefferson county

1 scrub buck on my way in this morning and that has been it. Turkeys every where. I'm not in a high deer density area but when the does are ready the hunting on this farm is good. Did not see one doe yesterday in an all day sit. Kind of feels like does are tired of being harassed by the young bucks and have holed up. Probably also doesn't help that this farm was beans this year and all the neighbors are still standing corn. But I hear combines running....

1 scrub buck on my way in this morning and that has been it. Turkeys every where. I'm not in a high deer density area but when the does are ready the hunting on this farm is good. Did not see one doe yesterday in an all day sit. Kind of feels like does are tired of being harassed by the young bucks and have holed up. Probably also doesn't help that this farm was beans this year and all the neighbors are still standing corn. But I hear combines running....

I was on a farm with 300 acres of standing corn the last 2 days with the farmer combining. They saw more deer farming than I did. Doe were content to just keep readjusting in the corn ahead of the combine.

Sent from my iPhone using IW

Missed my target buck this morning. He was with a doe and I snort wheezed him in. I stopped him at 27 yards and as I'm squeezing the trigger he takes off after a little buck I didn't know what there. Clean miss and he was clueless. Have had him within 60 twice since then and passed a 145" 9 point because the target buck dwarfs him. Good thing I geared up for a long sit because I'm not leaving til dark.

Just checked my cam by my blind after climbing out. One of my target bucks a 160 inch 8 point was with a doe 10 yards from my blind for 2 hours yesterday morning from 730 till 930. Missed him by a day dang it.

Good action yesterday morning and this morning. Saw a shooter yesterday about 9 and another at 3. Lots of small bucks and does with fawns this morning.

My theory is the big boys are locked up. Hopefully they will start moving for 11-3.

Slow day yesterday. Only 8 does/fawns. This morning was much better. Young bucks chasing and 3 year olds cruising/following does.

No movement until 8am this morning. 5 anterless 2 decent bucks together dogging the same doe

Vacation started yesterday evening for me. Went out last night and saw zero deer. Saw 5 this morning. Absolutely no sign of the rut. The only buck I saw was a forky and he just wandered in and bedded by himself about 20 yards from my tree for about an hour and a half. Hoping it gets better. Pretty pathetic so far for November 7th.

First sit of the year this morning and only one small buck. Pretty disappointing for the time of year and conditions

Checked my camera when I left the stand around 11:30 this morning and had a shooter 8 go by at noon yesterday, of course I had already gotten out of the tree by then... That was only deer on cam til midnight...hit or miss right now but hey that's the good and bad of the unpredictable rut

seen 7 this morning, all does and fawns. Surprised that I haven't seen any little bucks pestering any of these does.

Saw 4 bucks and 3 does this morning. The biggest one was only about 120-130 or so. Been real slow during midday.

Saw multiple good deer today. Switch has flipped at this property. Only going to get better too!

Top Bottom