Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

NWTF Central Iowa Longspurs - Wheelin Turkey Hunt

Rjack

I've guided in this 1 day hunt the last 2 years it was held. It is a great experience and always leaves me very thankful for my health and abilities. The program has been very successful and there are more hunters this year than in the past and one of the guides isn't able to make it. So, we are looking for another guide or two. I'm not the coordinator, but said I'd try to get the word out.

If you are in the central Iowa area and would be willing to guide on this 1 day hunt (April 16), please let me know. The hunts are are Army Corp land around Saylorville Lake. Breakfast and lunch are severed. The guides job is to make sure it is a safe, fun hunt and generally do the calling. All hunting is from blinds and those are set up ahead of time. If you are interested, respond here, or message me, and I'll answer any questions and get you connected with the hunt coordinator.

I'm still in shock at the successful hunt I had last year with a great guy who is a quadriplegic. He moved the shotgun with a joystick by his chin, sighted with his phone attached to the scope and pulled the trigger with a puffer tube and nailed his first turkey. Don't let that worry you - someone else helped with the equipment. I just did the calling and took the pictures.

Awesome program. If I wasn’t 2 states away I would definitely sign up to help.

Appreciate your willingness to get involved!

Top Bottom