Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Off subject

Hillwalker

I know this is deer site. But good opinions on here. Has anyone used the Marcum LX-3TC flasher for ice fishing. I just bought one. Waffled between the FL18 Vex and Marcum. But Vex was $150 buck more. Hope I made the right buy. Will try it out soon.

Marcum and Vex similar to chevy or ford. I own an fl-18 and after this season the fl-28 will be next up to bat. I've always been a vex guy however, most of my buddies use the Lx3. I'd say the Marcum is a bit more user friendly, a lot quieter in terms of barring noise and obviously better on the wallet. I also like the compact size of the lx3 and the soft case is a lot better made than the vex. The lx3 is also a bit easier to hone in on whether it's fish or structure. However, after fishing with bottom lock on the fl-18 I don't know if I'll ever own another flasher that doesn't have it. Good luck, hopefully fishing picks up, it's been super slow in central Iowa.

Yes, that bottom zoom feature is what I was looking for. But the Lx3 has a zoom feature that you can move higher or lower in the column, but don't know how well it will work. I'll try it new year day. Might have to head to South Dakota. Around Webster they are killing the perch and some eyes.

Yes, that bottom zoom feature is what I was looking for. But the Lx3 has a zoom feature that you can move higher or lower in the column, but don't know how well it will work. I'll try it new year day. Might have to head to South Dakota. Around Webster they are killing the perch and some eyes.

Yep the LX3 you can zoom I believe 5 feet into any area of the water column. I thought that was a good feature however, I wasn't to convinced after fishing side by side with a fl-18. I thought the LX3 seemed to be more inconsistent in that department. I was picking fish up that my buddy wasn't.

Used my Marcum today along side my sons Vex FL8. Both worked great. Caught and kept 8 real nice Crappie that were suspended at 10 ft in a 20 ft pond. I did try the Zoom of the marcum and seemed to work great. We fought interference for a while but was able to find a channel that worked for both of us. Very satisfied with the Marcum lx-3tc.

Top Bottom