Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Off topic, maybe controversial but a lot of fun & excitement!!!!

Most people in DSM wear masks. I'd say 95% of people at grocery stores and home improvement stores are wearing them; those are basically the only places I go. I'm required to wear a mask at work and our most paranoid mask guy got Covid. Ain't stopping you from getting it, just spreading it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Most people in DSM wear masks. I'd say 95% of people at grocery stores and home improvement stores are wearing them; those are basically the only places I go. I'm required to wear a mask at work and our most paranoid mask guy got Covid. Ain't stopping you from getting it, just spreading it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Ain't stopping anyone from spreading it either.

A lifelong friend of mine has been a nurse for the last 20+ years and is currently employed by the VA in Des Moines. He came over here on Saturday, shot the buck I told him not to, then drank all my beer before crashing in my basement. All is forgiven. :)

Anyway, his comment was that given the size of the mask pores vs the size of the virus, it is darn near criminal the weight that has been placed on mask wearing. Here's a graphic he showed me that really put it in perspective. It's about like trying to stop water with a spaghetti strainer.

Oh, and here's that beer drinking fool with the buck that needs 2 more years.:rolleyes:

Covid Mask.jpg Jbuck2020.jpg

Last edited:
I wear a face mask and a face shield while also socially distancing at work. I determine PPE in my area. Nobody gets access without mask and shield. So far no positives, but I can’t control what others do outside work. Paper and clothe masks provide “some” protection. I provide KN95 masks to my employees, as I can’t get N95’s. Those go to front line medical workers. Funny someone mentioned a strainer or sieve, as a test to verify that a KN95 is not a fake is to see if water passes through it. Ours passed as legit, no water went through it. Next was the fire test, legits melt, fakes burn. Passed again. So I think we have decent PPE. Wash your hands, but I feel it is mostly airborne. Oh, I run a biomedical research lab that images viruses, along with a bunch of other techniques.

Outside work, I don’t have a social life, so little mask wearing is needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A lifelong friend of mine has been a nurse for the last 20+ years and is currently employed by the VA in Des Moines. He came over here on Saturday, shot the buck I told him not to, then drank all my beer before crashing in my basement. All is forgiven. :)

Anyway, his comment was that given the size of the mask pores vs the size of the virus, it is darn near criminal the weight that has been placed on mask wearing. Here's a graphic he showed me that really put it in perspective. It's about like trying to stop water with a spaghetti strainer.

Oh, and here's that beer drinking fool with the buck that needs 2 more years.:rolleyes:

View attachment 120054 View attachment 120055
Haha! "Shot the buck i told him not to"

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I wear a face mask and a face shield while also socially distancing at work. I determine PPE in my area. Nobody gets access without mask and shield. So far no positives, but I can’t control what others do outside work. Paper and clothe masks provide “some” protection. I provide KN95 masks to my employees, as I can’t get N95’s. Those go to front line medical workers. Funny someone mentioned a strainer or sieve, as a test to verify that a KN95 is not a fake is to see if water passes through it. Ours passed as legit, no water went through it. Next was the fire test, legits melt, fakes burn. Passed again. So I think we have decent PPE. Wash your hands, but I feel it is mostly airborne. Oh, I run a biomedical research lab that images viruses, along with a bunch of other techniques.

Outside work, I don’t have a social life, so little mask wearing is needed.

If KN95 masks hold water, how do they permit oxygen in and co2 out? Legitimate question.

If you exhale wearing one, in sub freezing temps, can you see your breath? If so, that's aerosolized particles of moisture that passed directly through the mask.

View attachment 120054 View attachment 120055
Love it!

If KN95 masks hold water, how do they permit oxygen in and co2 out? Legitimate question.

If you exhale wearing one, in sub freezing temps, can you see your breath? If so, that's aerosolized particles of moisture that passed directly through the mask.

Water is H2O, a larger molecule than oxygen itself. Water is a liquid, oxygen and CO2 are gases. Goretex is a great, patented product that takes advantage of one way permeability.

The third authenticity test on a fake KN95 is whether you can blow out a candle: fakes will allow it. I doubt you’ll see your breath out in the cold wearing a KN95, but I have yet to do that test.

looking pretty tight now as the early votes are counted. If my count is right, Biden needs to win nevada, michigan, and wisconsin in order to to win. Of course pennsylvania is in play, but looking like a Trump victory there. Trump is probably going to need Michigan or Wisconsin

looking pretty tight now as the early votes are counted. If my count is right, Biden needs to win nevada, michigan, and wisconsin in order to to win. Of course pennsylvania is in play, but looking like a Trump victory there. Trump is probably going to need Michigan or Wisconsin

Yep. Unfortunately I don't think he is going to get them. Just like was predicted they magically found votes this AM.

Yep. Unfortunately I don't think he is going to get them. Just like was predicted they magically found votes this AM.
I believe the reason the tides are turning there is that they are now counting all the mail in votes. The republicans turned out strong at the polls and those votes were counted first. the democratic votes are leaning towards mail in. I’m a firm believer in our voting system. I don’t believe there is any widespread fraud. votes are counted at a local level. Crazy close in Michigan only 9,000 vote difference at the moment. Either way, congress is still split so nothing real extreme is going to get passed in the next 4 years.

States that count mail-in as they arrive start blue as those votes are available as soon as the polls close and then red makes a comeback as in person is reported. States that don't start counting mail-in until day of election start red due to in-person and then move blue as the mail-in are counted and reported

Hope Trump can hang on, but it doesn't look good.

I voted Trump once again, more about policy than personality for sure but I will never vote Democrat period!

As far as masks, I wear them whenever I'm in public businesses. It isn't that big deal for me, I'm getting up there in age and could be more vulnerable even though masks are not going to prevent the virus they can minimize the chances. I'm a home body and want to ensure I get a few more hunts in so I'll do what ever helps just to hunt in the future!

I'm hoping Trump wins but it's going to be close. He could have won by a landslide if he wouldn't say stupid shit publicly that gives liberals the ammo they need unfortunately. Even though we agree with him you can't blabber in public about some issues, just vote!

full

Top Bottom