Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Olivia's 2nd buck

muddy

He came in and he got shot. It was a pretty simple hunt. The only drama was we had to reposition to shoot out the back side of the blind and when Alex and her got into a fight on who's is the bigger buck.

Somehow just barely creased the tip of the heart and missed the bottom of the lungs. Weird weird shot with very very little blood. But he's tagged, bagged, and got a truck ride.
7bc47a3eda28c54bac61d8d1c750c72a.jpg
14389453838f9f4a0afd73cf602d38c9.jpg
45d69248f9c0158fa87ffedf28c5ea77.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Congrats to you and Olivia. Good thing she looks more like her mother than you.

Question about the shot, not much blood, did he keep it all in his chest? Was it a long track? I've never heard of a heart only shot, not saying it doesn't happen I'm just curious on some of the details.

When are you going to build the trophy room addition and when the time comes for the birds to fly the nest are you going to make them take their mounts or make them leave their mounts? I'm thinking the addition would be pretty empty without them. Mounts and kids.

Congrats to you and Olivia. Good thing she looks more like her mother than you.

Question about the shot, not much blood, did he keep it all in his chest? Was it a long track? I've never heard of a heart only shot, not saying it doesn't happen I'm just curious on some of the details.

When are you going to build the trophy room addition and when the time comes for the birds to fly the nest are you going to make them take their mounts or make them leave their mounts? I'm thinking the addition would be pretty empty without them. Mounts and kids.

The deer was quartering too more than I thought. The exit was slightly back, I'll try to attach the pic. She basically grazed the tip of the heart and went under the lung lobe I think. The buck was alive for probably 15-20 minutes, which is hard to believe, but I sat watching him until his head was super wobbly and unable to pick it up. I looked at a couple deer anatomy pics and I'm just spit balling my idea. 20201001_184313.jpg

Very interesting, thanks for the follow up and 1 more question, was there wound in the heart open into the ventricle or was it just in the muscle? The photo looks like it isn't quite full thickness.

Great shot and congrats again.

Very interesting, thanks for the follow up and 1 more question, was there wound in the heart open into the ventricle or was it just in the muscle? The photo looks like it isn't quite full thickness.

Great shot and congrats again.

No it just grazed the outer heart muscle but it heavily bruised most of the lower part of the heart. The actual wound closely resembled road rash from a good bike accident.

Top Bottom