Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Optics on an AR

gersdorf

Life Member
Was wondering what everyone had on their AR's for optics. Looking at getting something tactical like an Eotech or the Burris AR-332. What's everyone else using and is there anything I should take a look at. Don't want to drop the $ for an Eotech if there is something more reasonable. Thanks!

I put the coyote special from Nikon on my Remington R15..works out good. When I pick up a black ar15, I will put a mildot scope on it of some sort

You don't even need a scope on an AR. Just shoot in a figure 8 pattern :D. I have an Alaskan Guide 3-9X40 on mine and it works very well. I leave it on 3 power most of the time. Good scope for a reasonable price.

Im kind of leaning towards the 2nd or 3rd one down... you get magnification and you can always turn them all the way down and light up the reticle and have something similar to an EOTech.
http://swfa.com/Burris-LRS-Electro-Dot-Rifle-Scopes-C59.aspx

It really depends on what your going to use it for, Ive got an Aimpoint on my slug gun and I love it but mostly because its a slug gun and is used to shoot deer running through cover at close range. If I was setting up an AR for predator hunting I would want a scope over a red dot style sight. But the scopes in the link above could some what give you the best of both worlds

I have a Zeiss 4.5 - 14 on mine. I love the scope, but set it up more for PD shooting and calling coyotes! With that said it seems that when I hunt with JAKEWYM he pushes them to me at close range :D I have looked at the Burris as well and I think for running yotes inside of 200 yds that would be the cats ass! Just depends on what you have in mind for the use of the gun :way:

Not looking to take super long shots with it. Mostly doing tactical shooting and some hunting with it. I have a Savage with a Nikon 4.5-15 that I use for most of my song dog chasing.

I have both an EOTech, and a Nikon 3-9x40!! Both mounts have throw levers so they can be swapped out, not having to worry about zero!!!

Top Bottom